“It's all included”
Review of Masek Tented Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Masek Tented Camp
Linden
“It's all included”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

What a great place to stay! The lodge terrace overlooks Lake Masek with it's hippos and flamingos. The food is excellent and the service matches it. Beer and wine are included in the room cost. The rooms are very comfortable with a screened porch and a fabulous shower. Internet service is free. It's a long trip from the main road, but well worth it. We saw a lot of animals on the way to and from Masek.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This tented lodge is on the upper half, the tents are spacious and of very good comfort.
The lodge is situated just above the big river where you can all kinds of animals Wille
Enjoying your free drink at the terrace. We Loved our stay and would recommend it
To anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SwedenMike
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed for only one night (alas) as part of a group on a 5 day safari. The place was absolutely fantastic. I was in a tent with four beds (although there were only two of us). The beds were comfortable and well mosquito netted, although we didn't actually see any mosquitos. Be aware though that two of the beds were possibly for children and were a bit shorter than the other two - no concerns for my short self, but choose your bed carefully if you're on the taller side. The tent was luxuriously appointed with clean, soft and abundant linens. The toiletries provided had a lovely fragrance. The outdoor shower is an incredible experience but if you shower at dusk there are a few bugs that might fly around you. The food was absolutley fantastic with three delicious desserts each meal (I tried them ALL and they were all incredible). Victoria the chef was on hand to greet our arrival and I asked about vegetarian options as my travelling companion and I had a few negative vegetarian experiences on this trip. Victoria assured us there would be numerous options available and then cooked us a special vegetable curry that was the best meal we had during the 21 days we were in Africa. I'm not a fan of curry but this was by far the best curry I've ever had and if all curries were that good I would be an instant convert. Drinks were included with our meal which was very refreshing (no pun intended). We were escorted to our tent at night just to be on the safe side as there were Cape Buffalo on the grounds when we arrived. There were other animals audible during the night and at one point I am quite sure something large brushed the edge of our deck but at no point did we feel unsafe. Complimentary beverages and snacks in the main room all day. The wifi was terribly slow but I think this is an African thing and not a reflection on the Masek Tented Camp. My only complaint - we only had one night there and I would have preferred to stay a few more. There is a spa on site but we did not have the time to use it.

2 Thank Cathy B
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at the camp in March 2013 and had an amazing time. The amenities are supurb and the staff were extremely helpful and kind. Can't say enough positive things about this camp. The tents were fabulous, food great, complimentary beer and wine, wonderful bathub, internet access, etc. We were woken up at about 5am to a cape buffalo munching grass right outside our tent. It was a wonderful experience and we would highly recommend staying here.

Dave and Maureen

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We arrived late at this lodge after driving 7 hours from Kilimanjaro Airport, so we were really tired. People were very friendly and welcome us with some refreshing towels and drinks. We had a bath tub and a shower on the room that is really spacious. This was our first night on the Serengeti and we were astohnish with the bungalow tents. The diner was very good and we had to wake up at 4.30am to go on a balloon safari (unforgettable experience, highly recommended). We love so much the place that we come back for lunch, and still had time for a massage before lunch (also highly recommended after all the bumping on the jeep). If you come to Serengeti take this place in consideration.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here as part of a three-week trip to Africa. Without a doubt, this was by far my favourite place to stay (although the view from the Second Cave Camp on Kilimanjaro was a bit better).

I won't repeat the comments made in the other reviews but will say that I agree with all of the them. Everything about this place was of very high quality, with the exception of the internet service (didn't work when I was there). The "tents" were amazing as was the main lodge.

I unfortunately only had one night here but hope to return for a longer stay in the future. I would advise everyone who is coming here to try to spend at least two nights to enjoy everything the lodge and nearby areas has to offer.

Room Tip: They all seemed good. Perhaps stay closer to the lodge if you are nervous about big animals moving o...
1 Thank KeishaT
Jackson, New Jersey
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This certainly was not what I was expecting when I heard the word "tent". This tent was like something out of Harry Potter. The fully enclosed screen porch opens into a furished bedroom with a full bathroom with double sinks and a soaking tub. The outdoor shower was the icing on the cake. The area is frequently visited by the wildlife so at night you are escorted to and from the dining area by one of the Masai. The gabulous meals, soft drinks, wine and beer were included in the room price so you more than get your money's worth. Make sure to try the Stoney Tangawizi. It is a wonderful ginger beer. The staff were very helpful and friendly and went out of their way to help celebrate the birthday of one member of our group. A score of 5 isn't high enough to rate this place, I cannot wait to return.

1 Thank sunnyday1k
#19 of 37 in Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Mara Under Canvas Tented Camp
Mara Under Canvas Tented Camp
#57 of 117 in Serengeti National Park

Been to Masek Tented Camp? Share your experiences!