We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Tloma Mountain Lodge, Tanganyika Wilderness Camps
Europe
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

The food was excellent.
The apres-safari food was so tasty (chicken, peanuts, banana chips, potato chips).
They have a signature cocktail with mint, honey and limes, which was excellent.
Fresh coffee was available all day.
The buffet dinner offered a lot of variety and tasty food.
Breakfast was great
Lunch boxes were brilliant- this is the only place where we could pack our own lunch and decide what we got in our lunch box, which was of course delicious.

The grounds are beautiful and they have a pool. It's not in a park, but the plantation setting is peaceful and lovely.

The rooms are huge and clean. Less charming than other places we stayed at, but very comfortable.

The staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CDN_Wanderer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
Quesnel, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Yup - back again 1 year later. Love this place. The food (and the chef) are great. All the staff is pleasant but the chef is really fun. I do know better...but she darn near had us convinced it was hippo & eland on the menu that night. Stay here. Wander the gardens, allow time to enjoy the place. We usually arrive late in the afternoon and leave early the next morning - try to have more time than I do!

Room Tip: Rooms are nice. Not over-the-top fancy & luxury...very comfortable & enjoyable. I almost w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Flowers are the main thing that pops into your eyes and you cand find them almost everywhere. The rooms are very spacious and clean. They also have special rooms for people with disabilities. They have their own vegetable garden, coffee and bananas plantations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
La Paz, Bolivia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed two nights here and would agree with most reviewers on how nice the property is. That said, it should be made clear that the facilities are good, clean but very basic. Its a no thrills / extra details & cozy place. Rooms are comfortable, spacious and clean. Food is fine and the staff are very welcoming and nice. Pool is good size and overall facilities are very well taken care of.

So, a good retreat, nice gardens, good (not exceptional) food and basic facilities.

The downside is wi-fi which is not available and internet access is through hotels pcs at USD5 per 30" - wi-fi should be these days like hot water, part of what you get in slightly above average hotels.

On the way to Seregueti I stayed at Ngorongoro Farm house which is a superior coffee farm type hotel which I would recommed over this one

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

The grounds are beautiful; the staff is so warm, so friendly and so inviting and the food is heavenly. Just like eating at your mom's house. Everything is lush, and well cared for. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the water is hot. The pool and patio looked very inviting.

My only regret was that I did not have more time there as this was a one night stop for us to break up the drive from Tarangire to the Serengeti. I highly recommend it if you are making the same drive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carang2829
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here for 2 nights in October as a base for visiting the Ngorongoro crater. We arrived after a long bumpy drive from the Serengeti. The lodge is actually in a small town which is about 1.5 hours drive from the crater entrance, as we drove through town and then down the small side road we both got more and more nervous about where we were being taken, don't panic! Eventually huge gates open up and you arrive to see the beautifully kept lawns and gardens of this plantation lodge. The room itself was HUGE, there were 2 double beds inside (there was only 2 of us), a table and comfy chairs, plus a fire pit for when it's cold (which the hotel will light for you for $5 for logs).
There is a lovely swimming pool with loungers which made a nice break from being in a dusty truck, and you can also do tours of the plantation (they grow coffee and lots of veg).

Our room was a garden view room. Some of the rooms were inside the plantation and so underneath lots of trees and surrounded my shrubs and plants. As an arachnophobe I was glad not to be in one of them as i'm sure there would be nasties coming in from the plants, they also looked quite dark and dingy from the outside so I would certainly get the garden view. There are also rooms in a block which are quite high up and look out over the plantation which looked nice.

The food was excellent, all cooked by Veronica the chef who comes round and introduces herself to everyone and goes through the menu for the night - it's a buffet but a very good one!

A great place to stay, 4 stars not 5 because of the distance it was from the crater. But the hotel itself is 5/5

Room Tip: Get a garden view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Quesnel, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed Nov. 2011, am returning in Nov. 2012. Really enjoyed the view, the gardens, the staff & the food. I like the "pack your own" idea for lunch boxes as I am fussy and this way I chose what I would like and didn't have a box of food I didn't like. Not that any of the places we stay pack bad lunches, I just am fussier than most small children! I made myself a peanut butter sandwich for my lunch and was happy as could be! The gift shop is good, prices very fair. We didn't have time to enjoy the pool, it can be cooler up here so I would hope it was heated or it could be very "refreshing". We took time to wander the gardens which is lovely, even for a non-gardener like myself. Lots of birds around, which made a few in my group happy! The room was very comfortable..there was a barking dog somewhere (I'm sure outside the grounds) in the night, which was irritating - but hardly the lodge's fault!!

Room Tip: We arrived late, left early - this would be a good place to take a break and relax during a safari...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
#1 of 47 in Karatu
The Manor at Ngorongoro
The Manor at Ngorongoro
#4 of 37 in Ngorongoro Conservation Area

Been to Tloma Mountain Lodge, Tanganyika Wilderness Camps? Share your experiences!