Abakombe Tours & Safaris - Day Tours
Open today: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great company for Safari and Kilimanjaro

Abakombe Tours coordinated an amazing trip for my husband and I, which included a 6-day summit of... read more

Reviewed December 28, 2018
Nsrybeck
via mobile
Uhuru peak on the spot !

Me and my daighter are avid trekkers and planned an ascent to Kilimanjaro. Not knowing where to... read more

Reviewed October 8, 2018
RiccCZM
Cozumel, Mexico
via mobile

All reviews safety oriented his team great adventure machame route hot water dietary restrictions exceeded my expectations entire crew pole pole entire group uhuru peak an unforgettable experience mount kilimanjaro great company assistant guide chacha alphonse
Reviewed February 7, 2017

Alphonce is a young enthusiastic business owner, and he delivered an excellent tour. He was receptive to feedback on a couple of issues that I experienced at the start of the tour. Before leaving the UK, he was very accommodating and offered to receive balance payment on arrival in cash, as during the bank transfer of the deposit amount I found that about $30 dollar were lost in the transition. On arrival, all three in our group paid the full amount in cash. On the start day of our trek to Kilimanjaro, we were in the mini-bus when a member of ABAKOMBE staff telephoned me for a loan of $1600. As Alphonce was away, this was the person whom we had paid the full balance amount. He asked me to use my bank card to pay for Park fees at the Kilimanjaro National Park gates, and once we come back from the trek he will reimburse us. I was shocked since we had paid him a few thousand dollars settling our account and the tour included park fees. I told him that I could not help him because I was not carrying any bank cards, to which he suggested that I ask my group-mates if they would do the same. I declined to do that. Another man who was accompanying him suggested that he could get me SIM card and took $40, but delivered a Wi-Fi SIM which had no credit for calls or data. He said that the SIM was loaded with 250 minutes and quite a few MB data. I was unable to make a single call, send or receive any data. All I would say is that be aware of some staff, but the guides were brilliant, particularly, our Guide Peter, who checked our equipment ensuring that we had the right kit. He also set a pace which was commensurate with our fitness levels, as two of the group members were 62+. It was the support of the guides, their dedication to the expedition (14 people accompanied us to the Base Camp at BARAFU) that two of us (both over 60 years of age) that successfully climbed the peak Uhuru. The safari was also very good.

Date of experience: January 2017
4  Thank Jagtarm
Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

Its good n amazing i can't forgeted special thanks to all guide and team Abakombe your are the best thanks

Date of experience: January 2017
2  Thank HayatdinB
Reviewed December 4, 2016

I climbed up with these guys in 2016 and I can recommend this company as budget, honest and reliable. Manager's name is Alphonсe, he is in correspondence, then he meets tourists in Moshi, then he visits all of us after returning from the mountain. The hotel is quite decent.

Date of experience: February 2016
3  Thank DmitryChe64
Reviewed November 15, 2016

Very nice experience with Alphonce, I had my doubts about his services, but it turned out to be excellent and with very good collaborators, very recommendable and with good price to climb the Kilimanjaro

Date of experience: November 2016
3  Thank LuisMariaFG
Reviewed September 7, 2016

I climbed with two other grad students on a limited budget - the Abakombe trek was perfect for us! Had everything we needed and more. Our guides were incredible - kind, supportive, and helpful throughout our 7-day Lemosho route. Follow their advice and you will definitely make it to the top!

Date of experience: June 2016