“Amazing Safari and Kilimanjaro climb”

Abakombe Tours & Safaris - Day Tours
Ranked #103 of 246 Outdoor Activities in Moshi
More attraction details
Owner description: Abakombe Tours is a tour company based in Tanzania offering services in Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda.We have more than 7 years of experience in the tourism industry. We employ more than 30 people inclusively we arrange customized trip specifically suited to our client(s) desire. Each of our Tanzanian safaris and Kenya wildlife tours.
Reviewed June 13, 2016 via mobile

I want to thank Abakombe for the very good organisation and the great service.
We first chose them because of the good price (they beated the other companies we asked by far) and also because of their good recommendations here. Going on Safari and the Kili climb isnt going to be cheap, but what we received for that money was awesome.

The Safari:
The 5 day Safari (Manyara lake, Serengeti plain and Ngorongoro Crater) I will never forget in my life. We slept most of the nights in tents and it was a great experience to see Giraffs etc. while brushing the teeth.
Our Guide Ray was very fascinated by his job and made sure we saw all of the big five. I had the feeling that we were always the first Jeep when there is a special animal to see. Also our cook Lau was great and made sure we won't lose weight with his delicious meals.

The Kilimanjaro (7 days Machame route):
After the Safari my girlfriend went home and I climbed alone the Kilimanjaro along 1 Guide, 1 Chef and 4 Porters. It was a very good experience to be 7 days without a shower, although our chef prepared me hot water everyday to wash myself.
My guide Amiri was very good and took care of me and we reached the summit very slow (pole pole) as I was out of breath. The chef Mangiare cooked delicous meals every day as well and the porters Steven, Hamisi, Nuhu and Risiki were always nice and already built up the tents before I arrived at the campsite.

To summarize:
Everything worked very good with Abakombe. We always had someone who take care of us, the service on the Safari and Kili was great, as well as the price.
We would definetely book Abakombe again and can highly recommend it.

Regards,

"chacha"
"alphonse"

Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

Abakombe Tours!

We (Frederik H. And Natalia) are your last Kilimanjaro climbers who trekked on lemosho route in February 2016.

We would like to let know hard the trip you organized for us exceeded our expectations and has left is with lots if experience to last longer.

Thank you for the expert team of the mountain and food which was more than enough.

Frederik and Natalia,
Nahariya- Israel.

Date of experience: February 2016
4  Thank FredeHad
Staart, Manager at Abakombe Tours & Safaris - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2016

Hi, Frederik!
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback. We strive to provide our clients excellent care and we take your comments deep to heart.
As usual, we appreciate your confidence and trust in us.

Abakombe Team

Reviewed May 27, 2016

Our regret that we did not book all our packages with Abacombe tours. We thank you so much especially Alphonce for organizing our Safari and kilimanjaro climbing which we could not make it to the summit.

I (Laura) and Frederik call Abacombe the #1 tour company in Kilimanjaro and safari taking many trek seekers over there as our group was, we do not know how Abacombe manage this and how the boys handle all the things with tiring climbers. Food is another thing we did not expect on Kilimanjaro having burgers as our lunch boxes, 3 course meals all were amazing.

Sure we will come back not for Kilimanjaro but maybe for more nights in Serengeti and an overnight on the crater! Laura and Fred, Rupin - Tel Aviv.

Date of experience: May 2016
3  Thank lauram0ntes
Reviewed April 5, 2016

I was extremely impressed by everything with Abakombe. Everyone was very nice and took excellent care of us. The food while hiking the mountain was amazing. The hotels they put us in were wonderful. The only suggestions I would have is don't go to the road side stands for souvenirs, go to the large art gallery, everything is much cheaper but same quality. I followed their packing list and felt like I had everything I needed and then some. I struggled with a little altitude sickness, but they made sure we just slowed down and took wonderful care of me.

Date of experience: March 2016