Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from $2,205.13
from $1,923.08
from $2,205.13
More Info
All reviews tj tours uhuru peak machame route climbing kilimanjaro assistant guide day safari different routes highest level nice hotel his team days trip successful climb pole pole excellent company land cruiser big thanks local company
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2020

Northern Circuit Climb with TJT (Guide 'Ringo') Dec\Jan 2020
To be honest, i was a little nervous about this trip; i just turned 60, was a little worried about the possible effects of Altitude Sickness plus my overall fitness and I was a solist, climbing on my own. However, i needn't have been; i started planning this trip in January 2019, Emmanuel could not have been more open and helpful; reassuring me on all the points i was anxious about (payment policy for Porters), route planning so i could acclimatize correctly, food etc etc, Emmaunel was happy to discuss things with me on the phone too. He gave me the email addresses of two recent clients whom i contacted to get feedback. Emmanuel was thorough and timely in his responses, i quickly developed confidence that i had selected the right company to go with because their communication and responsiveness was first-class. I was also very reassured that TJT only needed a $300 dollar deposit from me at booking, overall it is not cheap to climb Kili and if your plans do change it was comforting to know that the lost deposit was not a large sum. From the moment i arrived everything was well organised. although i was on my own climbing Emmanuel still went ahead with my trip even though he had no other bookings for the same dates, i was very grateful for that he did this, he could have attempted to attach me to a larger group but didn't.

Date of experience: January 2020
Emmanuel M, Owner at Tanzania Joy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Jambo From TJT, Thank you very much for your review and for choosing our Company during your trip here in Tanzania. The whole team is delighted to know that you enjoyed your tour and a fantastic experience. Karibu Sana.

Reviewed December 11, 2019 via mobile

I did Machame route with TJT in November 2019. I can recommend the company as well as praise Emmanuel, Ringo and the rest of the team for making the hike one of my most interesting experiences and enduring memory.

Date of experience: November 2019
Emmanuel M, Owner at Tanzania Joy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2019

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the total recommendation. It was a great pleasure to serve you. Thank you for trusting and choosing us. We are happy you enjoyed your tour. TJ Tours gives the best service, a tour with us is a JOY full of memorable experience. Welcome back! Thank you again for choosing us. All the best!

Asante sana!

Reviewed December 1, 2019

This experience was a true highlight of our time in Tanzania. Our guide, Patrick, was very professional and friendly and made the whole climb a pleasure. The unsung heros of many of these trips are the porters and there hard work and enthusiasm staggered us. The food provided was incredible and the Rongai route itself was very quite, so it felt like we had the mountain to ourselves!

It would be recommeded to only take essientials up the mountain as heavy bags can slow your progress. When summiting, pack super light and using walking poles is very useful.

Again a massive thanks goes to all the team and we would highly recommend Tanzania Joy Tours for you Kilimajaro trip.

Date of experience: November 2019
Emmanuel M, Owner at Tanzania Joy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2019

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the total recommendation. It was a great pleasure to serve you. Thank you for trusting and choosing us. We are happy you enjoyed your tour. Tanzania Joy Tours gives the best service, a tour with us is a JOY full of memorable experience. I will pass the compliments to Patrick and porters and the cook. Welcome back! Thank you again for choosing us. All the best!

Asante sana!

Reviewed November 30, 2019

I did the Lemosho route in October with Patrick Delo and his crew. It was great to feel how professional they took care of me, how they prepare you, encourage you and enable you to reach the top. I was having some knee problems but they just adapted in a way I could make it. The rest of the crew, especially Ali, made it (almost) look like I was in a hotel. (the other) Patrick the guide was extremely helpful and supportive. I can more than recommend TJ Tours to anyone who wants to do this tour with a friendly and experienced crew!

Date of experience: October 2019

Dear Paolo
Thank you so much for such a lovely review, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your trekking tour with us. The trekking through Lemosho route has always been spectacular and we make sure our guests experience a new memorable joy.
Thank you once again for the positive recommendation and i will pass the compliments onto the staff especially Patrick your guide and his crew. They are always happy to go extra mile for our guests.
We hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 4, 2019

This was an amazing experience! The staff at Tanzania Joy Tours were so friendly and knowledgeable. Emmanuel was great in answering all of our questions before the trip. Highly recommend booking with this organization!

Date of experience: October 2019
1  Thank VanessaQW

Dear Guest
We truly appreciate your business and your trust with us. I and the team we are happy that you had a wonderful experience with us. Thank you for the recommendation.
We hope to see you again soon.