“A walk in the park. A slice of chocolate cake.”

Kilimanjaro Heroes Adventures
Ranked #15 of 224 Tours in Moshi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are Tanzanian local guides organizing complex Mountain Trekkings and different Safaris within Africa. We have strong experience and great team of people that guarantees the highest quality!. We are not an agency that rents out guides, We are the guides that ensure your successful trek and Safaris thus ensuring your safety and comfort.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed June 8, 2015

We are an American couple, just graduated from University, who wanted to check Kili off our bucket list. Kili Heroes was great value for money and super personable beforehand, and we can't imagine a better experience on the mountain. We did the Machame Route, planning for 7 days but completing (with successful summits!) in six. Mweyni and Babuu were our guides, and Meya, Dixon, and the rest of the team made our hike a breeze.

Other hikers probably thought we were paying an arm and a leg because it was just the two of us, but we were easily paying half or a third of what the other hikers paid, with a similar or better experience. I am gluten-free and the team was amazing at accommodating and helping me out. We also decided to invest the extra $ in a private toilet, which sounds super stuck-up but was a lifesaver - we especially recommend it if you're coming near the end of the season, when the tourist toilets have seriously been feeling the wear and tear.

Kili Heroes always had their eyes on the prize - the summit - but also were super attentive to our health, giving us a fun but functional "exam" every night with a series of health questions and measures to make sure we were dealing well with the altitude. Whenever either of us struggled, emotionally or physically, our guides and porters were all over it, helpful but not invasive - exactly perfect.

Kili Heroes says they treat their clients like family and this is true - Mweyni and Babuu, as well as the whole team, felt like brothers by the end. This is also a great company because it's locally owned and embedded in the community in a wonderful way. This is a much better choice, in our opinion, than booking through an American company - often they just outsource to Tanzanian companies, taking thousands of dollars for the convenience.

Kili Heroes is a local, lovely, relatively inexpensive, amazing way to experience Kilimanjaro. Thank you so much to the whole team for making our time on the mountain perfect!

2  Thank TarynTraveler
EvaristNdererubusa, Owner at Kilimanjaro Heroes Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2015

Thank you Taryn for your support to our local community and thanks for your review as well.

Our priory is to promote more competitive Kilimanjaro trekking services through creative distinctive adventures.
Its our hope you were challenged both mentally and physical on the Kilimanjaro climb. We promise to work more harder so as to provide more quality services to our future customers.

Asante sana and pass our greetings back home.

All reviews
"summit night"
"paulo"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed April 11, 2015

Went climbing Kilimanjaro solo and arranged my trip with Kili Heroes.
I had great experience. Highly recommend Evarist and his Team.
If you planing to climb Kilimanjaro - look no further.

Big Hello to Kibacha ( Guide), Kibuchi - who prepared great meals and rest of the crew who assist me in my adventure (Issa, Athumani, Bonifasi and Lenard).

And Yes - I have reached the Uhuru Peak 6:15 am Feb 22nd 2015.

Thanks Kilimanjaro Heroes !

1  Thank Peter E
Reviewed April 5, 2015

Me and my son have chosen Kili Heroes out of many local companies as they offered us very competitive price and their reputation on internet looked very promising. And now, when the trip is over, I can only say we couldn't have made a better decision. They were simply amazing, in all aspects.

Our plan was to climb Mt.Meru (4 days), Kilimanjaro (6 days Machame route) and at the end do a 4-days safari in Lake Manyara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro. All email correspondence was done with Evarist and he was always very prompt and friendly in his replies.

On the airport we were welcomed by Mwinyi, a co-owner of the agency and also our guide for both treks. From that moment on, everything went on perfectly smooth. Mwiny and his team were great, I can not praise them enough. Food was fantastic (thanks, chef Dixon!), porters were nice and always ready for a joke and on Kili trek Mwinyi was assisted by an assistant guide Babuu.Mwinyi himself is in my opinion becoming one of the legends of Kilimanjaro. Being on top for more than hundred times, everyone on the hill seems to know him. And he seems to know every rock of Kilimanjaro. Starting our final ascent at midnight in a snowy night, we were the first group of all to start, so he led the way for all the other groups too. With ground covered by fresh snow without any visible sign of where the trail goes, he did not loose track even for a moment. Job really well done.

After both climbs were so successful, I didn't have too high expectations for safari. After all, the agency seemed to me to be mostly specialized in trekings and conducts safaris more as a byproduct. But I was wrong. Driver Fredy knew everything about the parks , and their flora and fauna and knew perfectly well where the high chances are of spotting the wanted animal. And he was excellent driver even in most muddy conditions. Chef Dixon again did fantastic job in the kitchen and we were also accompanied by Mwinyi.

I already plan a similar safari with a few additional days and parks for the next year with my wife and there is no doubt we will do it with Kili Heroes Adventures again.

1  Thank Jurij M
Reviewed March 10, 2015

Based on the customer reviews I decided to climb Kilimanjaro with Kilimanjaro Heroes. I was a bit suspicious at the beginning as all the reviews were positive and price was one of the cheapest but when I saw their Facebook fan page I made a definitive choice. And what a choice I made! I was really suprised. Everything was well organised, all departures on time, plenty of food, excellent service. Helpful owners, helpful guides, helpful staff and all of this just for a fraction of price quoted by foreign agencies. I must say this trip was worth of every pennyand if I go back to Tanzania for Safari one day I'll do again with Kilimanjaro Heroes. Well done, guys!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 17, 2015

My husband and I summited Kilimanjaro on Feb.1st with Kili Heroes via the 6 day Machame route. We couldn't be happier with our experience with them and their knowledge of the mountain. Evarist is a very nice, entreprenureal young man that has put together quite an operation. He is busy so communication is sometimes slow but when we got the their office is Moshi everything was ready for us. Our guide (Jerome) was the perfect guide for us, we felt very lucky having him. If you get Jerome as your guide your the luckiest person on the mountain. The porters are super human and the camps were great! Our meals were very good and service was amazing, we were so impressed with the entire operation! Summitting day is very difficult and Jerome & Rashid made us feel safe and as comfortable as possilbe. Climbing Kili with Kilimanjaro Heroes was the best part of our trip to Tanzania, we can't recommend them enough!

1  Thank carlsbadlands