“Perfect location in town; close to everything.”
Review of Parkview Inn

Parkview Inn
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Moshi
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I spent a night here while en route to Arusha. The staff was very friendly and helpful -- especially the front desk folk. I appreciated having wi-fi in the room, and though I didn't use the swimming pool, it was very clean and inviting. Complimentary breakfast was a bit sparse but cook was willing to make eggs, sausage, toast to order.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Lynne D

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Parview Inn is a nice hotel with outside swimming pool (Kili view). Rooms are clean and large with air condition. The hotel is within walking distance to town center. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Hotel area is guarded and safe.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Parkview inn is a very clean and nice hotel in moshi , close to the city center.
It has a nice pool , large rooms with optional view over the Kili itself.
The resturant is good and WiFi service is free.

Room Tip: try to avoid ground floor in order to avoid ants and resturant / pool noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at the Parkview Inn for three, non consecutive nights. I stayed in two different rooms. Both were clean and suitably appointed. The staff at the hotel is excellent and repeatedly go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. The third floor open area is beautiful and a great place to beat the heat, especially if there is a bit of a breeze. The food at the restaurant is good but limited choices for vegetarians - I believe this is related more to the African culture in the area rather than the restaurant. The pool was clean and well maintained. The courtyard is secured and guarded. As this hotel is on a busier road I appreciated the gate and guard. Hussein went above and beyond what is expected of a manager and was always willing to solve any problems. I had minor issues, the air conditioner wasn't working in one of my rooms and I told them this the next day - I expect it was fixed as that is the kind of hotel this is. The room I had on the front of the hotel was a bit noisy from street traffic. Based on the rooms my friends and I had - some seem to have been renovated and have fantastic soft beds and better air conditioning. I was in an unrenovated room and I found the bed very hard. Still, I feel this is a great hotel to stay in, and would not hesitate to do so again, although I would ask for a room with the softer bed next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back (quieter) and a newer room with the softer beds if that is your preferenc...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cathy B
Reviewed March 1, 2013

It is difficult to do a review except on a relative basis. Since I had never before stayed in a hotel in Moshi I don't have much to compare it to. Thus, it's hard to know if I'm being fair in my review.

I stayed here as part of a group going up Kilimanjaro. I was very disappointed that after arriving late in the evening and very tired after travelling for over 24 hours the air conditioning did not work and the hotel staff were not helpful in getting it fixed. This made sleeping very difficult which was not helpful given the long hike facing me the next day. The room, hotel and restaurant were all fine otherwise.

We returned to this hotel for a night after our climb. We were put in the same room and surpise - no air conditioning again! I complained to the staff and they said that no other rooms were available. It took a bit of persuading on my part to encourage them to find a room, which they eventually did.

The staff ranged from being quite helpful to almost sullen and disinterested.

In summary, if you book this hotel for a night or two before/after a trip to Kilimanjaro it will most likely suit your needs.

Would I stay there again? Perhaps, depending on cost and what else is available.

Room Tip: Make sure the ac works as soon as you check in.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I think this place deserves 3.5 stars. Its good for its location. The town of Moshi really has nothing much to offer unless you are going to climb kilimanjaro. We stopped in here to just see kilimanjaro and rest before setting off on safari. The room was a little dark, but clean. The food in the restaurant was ok. I wish they had more local cuisine though. Overall there was nothing to love or hate about this place. Its fine especially when you are looking at this place as a layover.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelwell1975
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here before and following trek up Kilimanjaro. Very pleasant, quiet atmosphere, with "downtown" Moshi a short walk away. Rooms were both quite large, with cable TV and wi-fi access plus bath and shower. Restaurant offered wide menu for lunch and dinner. Breakfast, included in fare, eggs cooked to order, fresh fruit and cereals. Service was very efficient and we never had to wait to be served and for food to be prepared. Stafff throughout were friendly and very responsive. Great value for money

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the main street are much quieter and most have a view of Kilimanjaro,
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family