“What an experience!!”
Review of Springlands Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Moshi
Springlands Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Moshi
Uppsala, Sweden
“What an experience!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I climbed the Mountain and did the Safari with Zara Tours- got to meet awesome people there.
Staying at the hotel was wonderful- the staff were great and the environment was perfect.
I felt part of a family with the guides and porters and reaching the summit was once in a lifetime experience!
I highly recommend for YOU, whoever out there to choose Zara- you will NOT be disappointed- I really got the adventure I was looking for- and will always remember Tanzania.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Birmingham
Reviewed October 20, 2013

After reading some of the reviews on this hotel I was a little apprehensive but there was no need to be. It is a long bumpy road leading to the hotel and when you arrive a gate with security guards but when you enter its fine. There are staff waiting to take your luggage and I found the staff at the hotel lovely - they were really helpful and went out of their way to help. The rooms are basic but have everything that you need prior to the trek and when you return. I left my suitcase at the hotel when I did Kilimanjaro and everything was fine. There was a shop where you could hire most things but the only think I needed was a waterproof bag for the luggage I was taking with me.

I booked Kilimanjaro with African Safari and I would warn anybody who books with this company to take extreme care. African Safari use Zara Tours - they confirmed to me on more than one occasion that I would be joining an international group of people to do the trek and when I arrived I was dismayed to find out from Zara that there was no group and I had to do the trek alone with a guide. It totally ruined my holiday and African Safari have offered me a pittance in compensation so far. So be careful who you book with, I would stay with a large company and keep away from smaller companies who make promises that they can not keep.

Kilimanjaro is a challenging trek, I did the 6 day Whisky Route and did get to the summit - I did Everest Base camp the year before and found Kilimanjaro much much harder.

Back to the hotel - its fine, electric the same plugs as UK, if you buy anything in the shop you pay at reception before you leave and it was reasonable. They arranged the airport transfer well.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms 29 and 30 were both fine
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ontario
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

The location is approx 1 hour from the airport JRO. The road that leads you to the hotel off the main road is dusty and very bumpy 20 mins ride.The food is good, staff friendly and will try there best to assist you. They will take USD $ and there local currency Sterlings.. Euros will have to be exchanged at the local currency outside in the town as well as MasterCard and visa they accept. Rooms needs abit of updating and that because of the Trekkers dropping there gear and things get run down. Just remember this is a poorer country and things don't get done as fast as other develop countries.. There's free wifi and Internet cafe, laundry service (fee applies), beer garden and massage room storage etc..I would stay there again and will recommend it..

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My name is Fatma Ahmed from London and I recently climbed with Zara Tours, in July 2012 with my friend from London. I choose Zara Tours in particular due to their humanitarian and sustainable approach to tourism. Many travel agencies in Tanzania exploit their employees and have no regard for the animals and sustainability of the country. However, researching up on Zara Tours, I was impressed with their approach to tourism. The company support the local communities in various ways and is engaged with the Mount Kilimanjaro Porter Society which offers favourable working conditions to the staff and porters. These are among the few qualities that stood out about Zara when considering booking my trek. When I started my trek, I was extremely impressed and pleased by the calm nature and accommodating atmosphere offered at the hotel Springland prior to our departure and on our trek by the guides. I rarely take the time to write reviews after my travels as most of the time, I’m busy uploading pictures from the holiday but I had to share my experience as it can be valuable information for other potential travellers. So if your intending to travel to Tanzania, I suggest you book via Zara Tours. I will certainly be travelling back with a larger group of friends soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I wasn't expecting too much from a hotel that's located a 2kms outside of Moshi(Be advised it's an "African Massage Road" adventure for the last few km's.) However, I was pleasantly surprised with what the hotel offered. While most people staying here are either at the start or end of their Kilimanjaro hike, a few are there for Safari's.

The hotel is clean, the staff are super friendly. Food was excellent, although there is only food service at prescribed times. This isn't a very big issue though, as the store is always open during the day with an array of snacks. The wifi area is limited, but it's free.

I took a tour into town, and the hotel provided me with a free guide. He was able to take me to the local sites and provide a sense of security while travelling in a foreign town. It should also be noted that the street vendors do not harass you nearly as much if you have a guide with you. They are quite relentless if you are alone(Males only, they leave females alone for the most part)

Overall, excellent hotel considering where we were, I would definitely stay there again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure all the rooms are the same. I heard there are some with bigger beds for couples...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Buderim, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Most staying here are climbing Kilimanjaro or on way to safari. This part of the world is basic and so the rooms are what you would expect. Airconditioning is a relief. But there is a major let down, the food is bordering on appalling. And the risk of a gastro illness dramatically increases with the kind of curries and stews which hides the cheap ingredients. These are serve every night. Our group headed into Moshi where we found good fresh (safe) produce so there was no excuse about availability. Get the impression this place tries to make money by scrimping at every turn. We loved union cafe and the quaint indioitaliano.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank scott p
Northern California
Reviewed September 30, 2013

In any other location, the Springlands Hotel would be average or even below average. But in Moshi, Tanzania, it's probably one of the better stays. The rooms are pretty small. Although mosquito nets are provided, most have holes or have seen better days. Plenty of hot water is available, if you remember to first turn on the water heater. The shelving unit in every room serves a good purpose, as it doesn't take much floor space.

Some reviewers mentioned sewage smells, and we did encounter some wafting into the room at night.

Meals are served in an outdoor restaurant. The included breakfast is adequate, but food is just OK. Dinners are also OK, and priced right. Sure beats having to go into downtown Moshi to eat after dark. The restaurant is staffed with very friendly and young people who are eager to practice their English on tourists.

The hotel has several free wi-fi routers, but they're all pretty weak, so you'll be able to access them only in common areas, where mosquitoes are more populous.

Be sure to bring plenty of mosquito repellent and anti-itch cream. Better take your malaria pills too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moshi
Mountain Inn
#4 of 16 in Moshi
Sal Salinero Hotel
Sal Salinero Hotel
#11 of 16 in Moshi

Been to Springlands Hotel? Share your experiences!