Review Highlights
Amazing experience

The views were amazingly beautiful. It was so cool to see all the animals on the safari. Definitely... read more

Reviewed October 4, 2018
brendan w
Great experience with East Africa Travel company.....

Each day among 6 days spent in Marangu route was better than the other. Starting from the welcoming... read more

Reviewed June 28, 2017
James S
Abidjan, Ivory Coast

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 20, 2016

I climbed the Machame Route with two other friends. It was the greatest experience!! East Africa Travel is the way to go. We had two guides, a cook and 12-13 porters for the three of us. John and Issac; the guides, were great. Very friendly, very knowledgeable. The food was amazing, much more than we expected. Breakfast ranged from eggs and toast to porridge/oatmeal. Some of the lunches were hot, other days we had lunch boxes. Every dinner included a soup, main course (meat, starch, veggies), and fresh fruit for desert. The camp was always set up for us each day when we arrived. Everyone was very polite and made the difficult climb much more bearable. After summiting Mt. kili, my friends and I went on a two-day safari. Tarangire national park and Ngorogoro crater. Both days were amazing, our guide was knowledgeable and we saw most of the animals we wanted to see. The overnight stay in between the two parks was awesome. slept in tents that had bunks inside. the meal there was very good too.

My friends and I had done a lot of research before we booked our trips and East Africa is a choice we are very pleased with. HIGHLY recommended.

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank Johnsonb5256
lewison o, Owner at East Africa Travel Company, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2017

“Hi , this is Lewison Omari at East Africa Travel Company and I’m calling because I just saw your wonderful review on the Internet and I did not want another minute to pass without saying Thank you and letting you know how much I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for me. Thank you.”

Reviewed February 8, 2016

I climbed Mount Kilimanjaro on the Machame route. I planned for 6 days, but it turned into 5 days descending down to the gate on Summit day. The more days you plan for, the more you acclimatize to the altitude. The hike was amazing! Very varied terrain, climates and nature scenes. My guide John and supporting crew were fabulous. With the family, we went on a unforgettable safari to the Terengere National Parc, Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara. The different parcs offer different nature scenes and wildlife. Our guide Kepha was also very knowledgable and accommodating. Our overnights were at Haven Nature Campsite were the quality of the tents were high and the service very friendly.

Date of experience: December 2015
1  Thank MmmPatrick

Reviewed January 16, 2016

My girlfriend, friend and myself booked a trip with East Africa Travel Comapny to hike Mt.Kilimanjaro and to go on a two day safari after we where done hiking. Lewison set the trip up perfectly for us. Our team that took us up the Mt. was amazing. Our guide John and assistant guide Isaac where incredible. They knew so much and made the trip perfect. The food on the Mt. was so incredible. Our driver on the safari Richard had eyes like a hawk and could spot animals from so far away. I highly recommend anyone looking to do the same to book with East Africa Travel Company!

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank Joe N

Reviewed November 29, 2015

We spent 5 days/4 nights on this safari, and from getting picked up at Kilimanjaro airport to being dropped off 5 days later, we had an amazing experience. I'm not used to camping, but their equipment was good, spacious for two people, and kept us dry one rainy night. If sleeping comfort is a worry I think bringing an extra sleeping mat will do the trick.
We felt lucky to see the Big Five, and even Richard, our driver, had to admit we were extremely lucky when we saw our 4th rhino in the Crater. In addition to all the animals, we enjoyed the exotic birds and the scenery. The bird and animal books they kept in the jeep was very helpful and fun to go through as well.

The Preparation link on the website does not specify anything for safari tours, but remember that you are camping so some essential items would be good to bring yourself for better comfort, such as: towel, toilet paper, wet wipes. Only at Simba Camp in Ngorongoro did we have a hot shower.

We used East Africa Travel Company before, when we climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, and was not disappointed this time either.
Thanks to Lewison for arranging everything only few days before, and to Richard and Isack for driving and keeping us fed. Asante sana!

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank J-MinorK

Reviewed November 23, 2014

From the initial communication with Lewison on email I could tell that this was a great Company. Him and the tour guide (Stewart) met us at the airport and drove straight to Lake Manyara. Stewart was fantastic and a very knowledgable guide. The next day we went to the crater and Stewart gave commentary along the way and was constantly on the lookout for animals. In the end we saw all the animals we possibly imagine. This is a great Company with great service and would highly recommend to anyone wanting a great African safari experience.

Date of experience: November 2014