Review Highlights
Amazing experience

The views were amazingly beautiful. It was so cool to see all the animals on the safari. Definitely... read more

Reviewed October 4, 2018
brendan w
Great experience with East Africa Travel company.....

Each day among 6 days spent in Marangu route was better than the other. Starting from the welcoming... read more

Reviewed June 28, 2017
James S
Abidjan, Ivory Coast

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 29, 2015

We spent 5 days/4 nights on this safari, and from getting picked up at Kilimanjaro airport to being dropped off 5 days later, we had an amazing experience. I'm not used to camping, but their equipment was good, spacious for two people, and kept us dry one rainy night. If sleeping comfort is a worry I think bringing an extra sleeping mat will do the trick.
We felt lucky to see the Big Five, and even Richard, our driver, had to admit we were extremely lucky when we saw our 4th rhino in the Crater. In addition to all the animals, we enjoyed the exotic birds and the scenery. The bird and animal books they kept in the jeep was very helpful and fun to go through as well.

The Preparation link on the website does not specify anything for safari tours, but remember that you are camping so some essential items would be good to bring yourself for better comfort, such as: towel, toilet paper, wet wipes. Only at Simba Camp in Ngorongoro did we have a hot shower.

We used East Africa Travel Company before, when we climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, and was not disappointed this time either.
Thanks to Lewison for arranging everything only few days before, and to Richard and Isack for driving and keeping us fed. Asante sana!

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank J-MinorK
lewison o, Owner at East Africa Travel Company, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2017

“Hi , this is Lewison Omari at East Africa Travel Company and I’m calling because I just saw your wonderful review on the Internet and I did not want another minute to pass without saying Thank you and letting you know how much I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for me. Thank you.”

Reviewed November 23, 2014

From the initial communication with Lewison on email I could tell that this was a great Company. Him and the tour guide (Stewart) met us at the airport and drove straight to Lake Manyara. Stewart was fantastic and a very knowledgable guide. The next day we went to the crater and Stewart gave commentary along the way and was constantly on the lookout for animals. In the end we saw all the animals we possibly imagine. This is a great Company with great service and would highly recommend to anyone wanting a great African safari experience.

Date of experience: November 2014
3  Thank IanMaclachlan

Reviewed August 26, 2014

We decided to go to Tanzania for safari as part of our honeymoon. After looking on the Web and contacting different agencies and companies who were charging extortionate amounts of money a friend who lives in Dar recommended East Africa. After contacting Lewison he sent us a very affordable itinerary perfect for the days we had and for what we wanted. We went to Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro and spent 2 nights inside the Serengeti where we woke up in the morning only a few metres away from some water buffalos...... Our driver was fantastic and went "off road" a couple of times so we had the chance to see some animals while they were having their meal... Our food was always excellent!
We recommend East Africa without a doubt!!!

Date of experience: August 2014
4  Thank Eva A

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We choose East Africa TRavel Company for guiding us to Kilimanjaro. We have no complain at all!
The service was beyond our expectations. Food at the mountain was allways great, porters and guides were excellent people and friendly!
We recomend it for sure.

Date of experience: July 2014
6  Thank Fernanda C

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a verry nice trip to Ngorogoro , Lake Manyara and Tanrangire NP. We had a verry good driver mr Georges and the best cook of town mr. Isack. Ask for him, its a good and professional guy. He give us a good time. The only thing that was not so good was that at the office was that we coudnt pay by creditcard. The daytrip whit mr. Gilbert was also verry Nice and good, such a Nice Guy als wel. So enjoy the time that you have whit one of them. Thanks

Date of experience: August 2013