“A home away from home”

Ranked #10 of 68 Specialty Lodging in Moshi
Cambridge
“A home away from home”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I came to stay one night and everyone was really friendly and was offered a little bit of supper if I wanted. I stayed in this lovely little bungalow which had a lot of atmosphere and it felt like the beginning of my adventure in Tanzania, the next part being climbing Kilimanjaro. After climbing Kili I really looked forward to coming back and knew I would have a great time even though my friend was going on to Arusha. I would happily come back here if I'm in Moshi again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Peter H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed only 2 nights, yet already felt to be a part of the family there (they have some long term volunteers staying). The host lady is very helpful, friendly and lovely. Also the volunteers and guests were a nice group and I could fully enjoy my stay and make the best out of staying in Moshi. Would have loved to stay there for longer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here only 1 night but would have liked to stay for more. Useful location if booking a Kili tour. Run by Ailsa, who is lovely and looks after you well! The staff although dont speak much english are friendly and welcoming.

Very down to earth place, almost like 'home from home'. Ailsa is very relaxed and very helpful at helping you get things sorted. We arrived in the afternoon, needing to book a Kili trip for the next day. Ailsa gave us some useful details of companies with good reputations. Helpful in allowing us to borrow her laptop and mobile as we had run out of credit. We then walked into town and booked our climb!

Breakfasts were filling and generous - amazing banana pancakes! Bread and toaster provided and good selection of fruits and jams.

Easy walk into town (less than 10mins). Hostel in gated enclosure and off the main road. Beautiful surrounding garden and sunny balcony for us all to use. Basically a big house turned into a hostel. Bathrooms adequate with hot water showers. Although quite old looking, facilities were very clean with staff constantly undertaking housekeeping duties.

Would recommend and at a really good price. Thank you Ailsa for a lovely stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends