Open today: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM

All reviews climbed kilimanjaro his team local hot springs lemosho route every step of the way fun facts five hours amazing nature got sick amazing experience day safari food was amazing from start to finish booked days solo trip making sure any concerns
Selected filters
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Look no further than Chiefs Tours for all of your Tanzania adventures! The Concierge service provided by Adidas sets the Gold Standard!

Chiefs Tours is extremely professional and the staff makes customer satisfaction their number one priority!

Our “Bucket-List” trip to Africa was everything and more because we chose wisely with “Chiefs Tours”!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

After a 24 hour flight from California, we were picked up and welcomed by Adidas at Kilimamjaro airport at 5AM! Our friends luggage got lost by the airline and Adidas took it upon himself to run back to the airport to pick it up when it arrived. We did not have to worry about it.
We planned to arrive 5 days before our climb in order to get over the jet lag and do a little sightseeing. So, In the few days before our Kilimamjaro climb, Adidas and one of his safari guides, Willy helped us plan and go on local excursions. We visited a natural hot spring, a coffee plantation and waterfall, and a lake. And for each of these excursions, we had.a private driver and a personal cook who cooked us lunch each day. It was amazing and very affordable!
Now, the climb. Our group of 10 hikers were treated amazingly the entire time. We had 4 guides, 2 cooks and about 24 porters. the entire group was absolutely amazing!! The guides were knowledgeable, professional, encouraging and always prioritized everyone’s safety and success. We ate very well on the mountain and the cooks even accommodated the special needs of 2 of our hikers-one was vegan and the other was vegetarian and gluten-free. They had no problem accommodating their special food needs and they had a variety and plenty to eat.
Summit day was a challenge for me. Around 17,500’, I succumbed to elevation sickness. One guide stayed with me and my husband the other three continued with the test of our group. After 30 minutes of the guide caring for me, I recovered and was able to continue climbing. By sunrise I felt incredible—thanks to the encouragement and care of my guide. My husband and I were able to summit about 30 minutes after the rest of our group, by it was an experience I’m so glad I was able to accomplish! Our guide Nicholas was absolutely incredible. He was patient with me, he sang songs to keep me motivated, and gave me a hand when I needed help. Oh! And he carried my backpack for me after I got sick-the entire rest of the climb and descent!
Adidas and his team are absolutely amazing! I really can’t say enough good things about this company. I am so very thankful we chose to go with Chiefs Tours and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed July 4, 2018

I cannot recommend Chiefs Tours enough. From the very beginning of booking our trip Adidas & co. were always informative, professional, and just on the ball. We had a group of 10 hikers for Kilimanjaro at various experience levels, and Chiefs Tours' guides were exactly what our group needed to not only reach the summit, but also have a wonderful experience along the way. After reaching camp when part of the group wanted to explore more of the area (i.e. climb Lava Tower) our asst. guide Emmanuel was always game to show us the best routes. On summit day when we needed relief from our pack weight our guides would literally shoulder the burden and carry our packs when needed. Our cook made us unbelievably tasty meals in his "mountain kitchen" to keep us going strong. Go with Chiefs if you want to feel safe and taken care of while having a blast all the way to the top of Kilimanjaro.
We also went with Chiefs for our 4day/3night safari and they took good care of us here as well. Chiefs hooked us up with awesome accommodations for the nights, and our guide Arnold was just as accommodating on our daily safaris. He was knowledgeable when we had questions, patient when we wanted a break or to spend extra time at a site, and would get us into the action. We got great pics of lions feasting and baby elephants playing in the dirt. What an experience!

Reviewed July 2, 2018

Adidas and everyone at Chiefs Tours was like our African family. They picked us up from the airport and delivered us to the hotel they had booked for us and they watched out for us every step of the way as we climbed Kilimanjaro and did a safari.

Our team for the climb was great. We had a meeting the night before and they looked through everyone's gear to make sure we were prepared. Our four guides (for a group of ten hikers) set our pace up the mountain and made sure we healthy and well cared for. They provided sleeping mats and tents. They fed us well at least three times a day (sometimes with an added tea & popcorn break). Nixon and Ali even showed up every morning with tea or coffee for us in our tents. Then came summit night and it was only with the help of our guides that I made it to the top. Emmanuel checked our gear the night before and when I was struggling our other guide Emmanuel took my pack. Due to their help all ten of us made it to the top via the Lemosho route.

I had an equally good experience during our safari (four day). Arnold, our guide, was knowledgeable and managed to find get viewing positions for us. We had close encounters with giraffes, lions and elephants. The accommodations along the way were superb as was the food.

When we returned from the safari we all had extra time the next day before our planes departed. We thought Adidas was just going to come over that morning to tell us when our rides to the airport would pick us up, but he did so much more. Instead he sent over our mountain guide, Emmanuel, who walked us through Moshi to a craft center and then walked us to lunch. When lunch ran long, he told Adidas and Adidas came and picked us up at the restaurant and then drove us to the hotel to get our bags and then to the airport.

I felt personally cared for the entire trip. Adidas and everyone went out of their way to make our trip go smoothly and went above and beyond what an average business would do to look after their clients.

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Chief tours is literally incredible. Adidas was so helpful from the moment we got to the airport. They definitely go above and beyond to make our experience positive. The support, motivation, food, arrangements, and guidance are for sure the only reason our 14-person team successfully made it to the top! I could not have imagined a more positive experience and I already miss the amazing people we met on this trip.

Thank you Chief Tours for everything!!!

1  Thank ALEXA L