“Simply Wonderful!”

Ranked #2 of 66 Specialty Lodging in Moshi
Doha, Qatar
“Simply Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I really loved staying at the hotel, it felt like home in no time :) Everyone was so nice and friendly, the staff were the sweetest and they had wonderful service. I highly recommend staying at Stella Maris. Teddy and Innocent were one of the sweetest people I have ever met and they are so welcoming. It's a tranquil place with a wonderful view. I just can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Finnish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed here for my medical mission with international service learning and I loved it! Nice location, friendly staff, comfortable, great service. It started feeling like home! I definitely will stay here again next time I'm in that area. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My friends and I stayed here recently around the time we were climbing Mt Kilimanjaro. I've stayed in a lot of different accomodation over the years and this place is just amazing in its quality, friendliness and value for money. Building itself is expansive and comfortable, rooms are large and clean with everything in working order, food is yummy, staff are lovely! The lodge also is non for profit and supports the primary school attached to it. I wish there was a place like this to stay in everywhere around the world!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Stella Maris for 3 nights, 2 prior to my group's Kili climb and 1 night after the climb. Our climbing group included my daughter and 3 of her friends. The best part about this great hotel is that it is non-profit, in that all the proceeds go towards running the school next door, so when you stay at the hotel, you are doing a great thing for the underpriviledged children who attend the school Visit the foundation's website for more informaiton www.mailisitafoundation.org The staff are very attentive and accommodating. Teddy, the manager, is welcoming, professional, and made sure our stay was wonderful and felt like home. Thank you to the 2 Innocents - the hotel driver who drove me to the airport at 4.30am and to the other Innocent who was so helpful with our room requests. The hotel is clean and well-run and the rooms with ensuites are clean, and the beds very comfortable. The hotel has a restaurant where you can order a variety of entrees and the breakfasts are very good. We left our personal items that we didn't take on our climb at the hotel and felt very secure doing this-we had no problems on our return. On our return to the hotel, we were all greeted with a cold glass of juice (tasted so good!), our muddy gear was cleaned for us including our boots, and we were quickly assigned rooms which was great after being so dusty and dirty for the past week. The hotel has wifi in the reception and dining areas as well as in rooms facing the school (and Kili). There is an amazing view of Kili from this hotel as well and it is located close to the Machame gate where we started our climb. I highly recommend this hotel as a great place to stay, whether you are climbing Kili or exploring the area!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

My teenage daughter and I stayed at the Stella Maris Lodge for four nights in July, before and after our Kili climb.
We had a room with the wonderful view of Mt Kilimanjaro.
Hotel driver, Innocent, drove us to Moshi town and show us the best cafes and curio shops!
All the staff are so helpful and friendly.
We bought stationary for the students of Stella Maris school, they welcome us so warmly and spend a special time with children at the Stella Maris School.
Restaurant meal and drinks was tasty and very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Two bed room suite is so spacious and comfortable for your stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I highly recommend experiencing Stella Maris. The people are the friendliest you can find anywhere. The accommodations are super clean and comfortable. The atmosphere is welcoming and refreshing. Teddy, the manager, greets everyone with a smile and will make your stay perfect. Don't miss the chance to visit the primary school the hotel supports. The children's smiles and joyful classrooms were the highlights of my trip. Bring them some school supplies and see their faces light up in gratitude. This is a wonderful place that should not be missed!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

This hotel was a great place to stay for me. After just finishing a tour of Africa on a truck I was so happy that the staff at the hotel were so helpful for me. They organised my transfer from my campsite in Arusha to their hotel with their driver. That was a huge relief off my mind. Once I got the hotel I had 3 people help me with my bags AND I was greeted by a lady who had fresh passion fruit and mango juice for me! The rooms were spacious and had everything that I needed. The food from the restaurant was very tasty and there were many charging points for electronics. I also found out the proceeds from the hotel go to towards a non profit school next door, which made me happy as I am a school teacher and know expensive things can be for schools. Also I felt happy to helping the local community with my stay.
The hotel then organised my transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport in the morning of my stay and made my breakfast earlier than they normal serve it! This hotel put a big smile on my face. Thank you very much for your hospitality .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo