Review Highlights
Nice group camping safari for low budget

In January 2020, I was doing a camping safari where I joined a group. I had booked with TinTin... read more

Reviewed January 19, 2020
angererv
Frankfurt, Germany
Unforgettable experience on a safari with Tin Tin Adventures

My 3 friends and I did a 6 day game drive (safari) in Sept 2019. We organized our trip through Fred... read more

Reviewed October 26, 2019
teaclimber

All reviews blood pressure wealth of knowledge kilimanjaro porters private safari safari guide wild animals tour companies day safari kilimanjaro climb tintin mido agencies fred wildebeest campsite project assistance
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2015

We had the pleasure of climbing Kili with Tin Tin Tours and their crew in July followed by a 5 day/4 night Safari.

Starting with the climb, what an experience with amazing guides! Our head guide was Augustine and Assistant Guide was Emmanuelle. Two amazing guys, very different but both an absolute pleasure to be around. We climbed the Lomosho route over 7 days and we cannot praise our crew enough. The guides were fun, supportive, genuine, informative and honest. The crew including the porters and chef were all friendly too although you don't see them as much as they walked faster to the next camp than us.

Augustine and Emmanuelle guided us up Kili with friendly, professional and enjoyable company all the way. They got me to the summit when I thought I wasn't going to make it and for that I will always be thankful. It really felt like a team of friends by the time we got to the top. Great guys!!

I would recommend Tin Tin and ask for Augustine and Emmanuelle as your guides. Loved every minute of our adevnture (apart from 5 hours of the summit climb!!).

We followed the climb with a safari staying in Accommodation booked by Tin Tin. No complaints about the three tented lodges we stayed in. We stayed one night in Tarangire National Park, 2 nights in North Serengeti and one night above the Ngorongoro Crater. Big sturdy tents but still camping where wild animals can come past. Brilliant!

The safari itself was amazing, we saw every animal possible for the area and were lucky enough to see the wilderbeast migration, although not crossing the river (we did wait as they wanted to but they knew crocs were waiting so moved off). More wildlife than I ever imaged we would see. Our guide Punk was very informative and got us to see Rhino and Leopard as well as the more abundant animals so we were happy! Be prepared to have long days in the back of the car, which is to be expected!

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank HammaNewcastle
Reviewed July 26, 2015 via mobile

We had such a great, amazing safari for 4 days. Freddy organized everything so incredibly good. First we were going to have a group safari, but when we got back from climbing mt Kili, Freddy arranged a private safari for the same price! Our guide Deniz and the cook Moody were so nice to us. We really recommend this organization. Freddy will get you the best quality for the money you want to spend.
He even called after our safari to ask if everything went alright during our safari.
So if you are looking for a reliable organization to book your safari, this is the place to go for.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed July 16, 2015

friendly, well organized and hardworking these guys are. day tours are everyday evolving with these guys.

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed March 12, 2015

Through some contact in Moshi we got to know TinTinTours and booked with them a car with driver from Dar to Moshi, a hotel in Moshi and a transfer to Kili airport. All has been done through e mail and Gail was very receptive for our inputs regarding choice of car and hotel (we had specific requests. We had to make an advance payment for all services. Once in Tanzania, we were contacted by Gail and then the driver (it is recommended to buy a local sim card for the mobile, what you can do at numerous phone shops for basically nothing). The driver was punctual, curteous and we felt very safe with him. Upon arrival in Moshi we had a small issue with the AMEG Lodge about a missing mosquito net, but Gail immediately resolved this. Overall a very professional and friendly service - reliable people ! We definitely recommend TinTin Tours

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank 476markush
Reviewed October 24, 2014

Four friends and I climbed Kilimanjaro via Machame route in 6 days and I am extremely happy I decided for Tin Tin Tours. Why?

- First of all, Tin Tin Tours is associated with IMEC and KPAP. These two organizations basically take care of porters. IMEC and KPAP make sure your porters get appropriate salary and fair share of your tip, they also monitor whether porters have proper clothing, tents, sleeping bags and other vital equipment for climbing Mt Kilimanjaro. Organizations like these save livelihood as well as lives. If you want to travel responsibly and know that your visit of Tanzania had positive impact on people and business, this would be an important thing to consider.
- Right from the beginning, I was amazed by Gail Adams, who is marketing manager. Gail promptly answered all my questions, booked shuttles for us from Nairobi to Moshi and back, arranged all equipment we were missing and lot of other stuff around. She met all our requests. Thanks a million, Gail!
- Tin Tin Tours run Bed & Breakfast conveniently placed near the center of town Moshi. We stayed one night before and one night after the climb for very reasonable price. Rooms are clean and tidy, with mosquito nets and ventilators, well equipped kitchen is available, too. (… and breakfast was delicious!)
- Climb itself went great; guides chosen by Tin Tin Tours went above and beyond our expectations; Our head guide even provided his own medical equipment (oxymeter, manometer for blood pressure, stethoscope), so we felt super safe. All guides spoke fluent English, they were extremely helpful and always fun!

Next time visiting Tanzania, I’ll definitely contact Tin Tin Tours.
Great service.