We stayed at Olpopongi during one of our first nights in Tanzania. It's a great way to start into your safari because you get to know the Maasai culture. The Maasai are everywhere to be seen and if you don't know about their culture it could be a bit confusing.
Freddy and the other 'warriors' were great guides. Very friendly and with great knowledge.
All of it was an unforgettable experience:
- the bush walk were we learned about a lot of medicinal plants and used the Maasai tooth-brush
- the tea ceremony with grandma
- excellent food!!
- being in the middle of nowhere (we also were lucky to be the only guests at the time)
- the Kilimanjaro-view
- an evening at the camp fire
- the night in one of traditional huts (although I didn't sleep so well (crawling-things-phobia...) I would reccommend it to anyone and would go again)
- very authentic!
Plus: We didn't expect this but there was warm water for a shower and flushing toilets. :)
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.