Tripadvisor
Search
ABOVE KILIMANJARO EXPEDITIONS(AKE)
Open today: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Google
Ways to Experience ABOVE KILIMANJARO EXPEDITIONS(AKE)
from $2,250.55
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2019

Once upon a time, I had just one day to decide where to go for my sudden 10 days solo vacation. So once I decided that it had to be Africa, it was a very short-notice request from me to the Above Kilimanjaro company to arrange a Kili climb plus Ngoro Ngoro safari trip. Surprisingly Chris, the owner of the company, managed to plan the trip and arrange everything for me, from logistics to accommodations and the meals, etc. Everything was done in a mere couple of hours and agreed and confirmed and the next day I was on the plane to Africa. That was a fantastic experience. Chris proved to be a great trip operator as well as a nice travel companion - very friendly and hospitable. We spend a few days in his car on our safari to Ngoro Ngoror and Chris demonstrated a wealth of knowledge about Africa which he shared with me. Truly stunning vacation! I will definitely recommend Chris and his company to anyone willing to explore Africa from the first-hand.

Date of experience: January 2019
327-yusufii, General Manager at ABOVE KILIMANJARO EXPEDITIONS(AKE), responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2019

Vlad,I thank you plenty for your great feelings about us and the wonderful short time we spent together..i look forward to seeing you again with friends.. soon for the continuation.All the best my good old friend.

Reviewed December 1, 2019 via mobile

Thanks a lot for Chris and his team for making possible to climb the top of Kilimanjaro! Great organization and full support. Individual approach to all our requests. We made more things in Tanzania than we planned. Very highly recommended. Big hug and kiss from Russian friends from Spain✌

Date of experience: January 2019
327-yusufii, Managing director/Executive guide at ABOVE KILIMANJARO EXPEDITIONS(AKE), responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2019

Thank you so much Nad, we feel so honored.Best future for you and Sergey and hope to see you again soon.
Memorable regards,Chris aka Yusuf.

Reviewed November 18, 2019

Chris organized and lead our group of 14 co-workers, family, and friend's on a once in a lifetime adventure to the 19,341 foot summit of Kilimanjaro followed by a week experiencing Tanzania's wonderful culture, diverse geography, and amazing wildlife.
It was nostalgic looking through Chris's brochure and seeing so many of the sites we visited including many pictures of our own group. I'm sharing his link and a small handful of the 1000+ pictures of this trip that I had captured.
For those adventurers out there, consider a possible Kilimanjaro summit and African safari adventure with Above Kilimanjaro, you will not be disappointed. Chris and his local team of guides, cooks, and porters provided a very well organized, insightful, safe, personal, and economical experience.

Date of experience: December 2018
327-yusufii, Director and Executive guide. at ABOVE KILIMANJARO EXPEDITIONS(AKE), responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2019

John and Waters Team,Thank you so much.our trip to Kili via Umbwe was so exiting,fun and thrilling as if it was my first Climb.You was one of my best if not the very best team of people i have ever met.Thanks again and "Karibu tena Tanzania"! Your friend Chris.