“Loved it!”
Review of Kindoroko Hotel

Kindoroko Hotel
Ranked #17 of 59 Moshi B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Some people who have not visited areas like this before may feel a bit shocked. Yes it can be noisy, yes rooms may be small. But I found the staff friendly and the provided breakfast delicious. Plus you are only a minutes walk from the market and you have incredible views of Kilimanjaro from the rooftop bar. I LOVED LOVED LOVED it! Would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I don't write the following lightly and I had been recommended this hotel by two friends who had stayed before. The rooms are cheap, clean and there is hot water. When I first arrived I was pretty content, the staff were grumpy and my room, which was at the front of the building, was incredibly noisy, but it's so cheap you can't really complain.

On the morning of the second day, my hotel room door was kicked in while I was at breakfast and my entire room was ransacked over the course of about 20 minutes - I lost everything. We were due to leave to begin climbing Kilimanjaro that motning, so this was a little frustrating! The hotel staff were no real help at all, there was talk of an inside job, blaming both staff and guests, and when I walked around talking to all the members if staff, half of them didn't even know it had happened, in spite of the management informing me that all staff were accounted for and searched. Shortly thereafter we were escorted to the police station where the chief of police told me that this sort of incident is a frequent one at the hotel.

After the climb, we stayed at the hotel again, I managed to persuade the hotel to put us up for free as all our money was taken and we were staying for less than 12 hours before catching a flight. They were not easily convinced, apparently hospitality should also include hostility in this establishment. I observed that the security was still pretty lax, the rooms were all unlocked after being cleaned, the left luggage room was open for anyone to access and the supposed 'escape route' the robber had taken was still left open. The room I had previously stayed in had been left as it was, no attempt to fix to lock or clear the shards of wood from the floor had been made. I don't think this was to preserve the scene for CSI Moshi.

I've stayed in some rough places in my time, but I was really shocked by this place. It's not safe. Don't stay here.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kate C
Reviewed July 6, 2012

located on the busy and very noisy main road, the single room was located to take advantage of the noise. Ask for a room on the backside and you'll be sure to get a better nite's rest than i did. Staff were good, although unaware of my booking via hostelworld. Rooms were clean and nice rooftop bar for viewing Kili when the clouds aren't arround. 2000Tsh taxi from the bus station.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The price was $20 total for two people including a minimal breakfast (price was $15 for an individual room, and $30 for a family room). The rooms at the front of the hotel face the double road and are very, very noisy, although huge! Rooms at the rear of the hotel and up a few levels are much quieter, although very, and I mean very small... 2 beds, a small desk, a wall mounted television, and bathroom. There was hot water and a sit down toilet. Our room was cleaned everyday and it was immaculate. The desk clerks were very friendly. We used their laundry service, out in the morning back at night for a very small fee. The Kindoroko is very well located in Moshi. On clear days, the view of Mount Kilimanjaro is breathtaking from the top floor of the hotel where the breakfast is served. Maasai warriors guard the property, and we felt very safe.

Room Tip: Make sure and ask for a room towards the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MarilynAK
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We got a relatively cheap (30 usd) "double" room. Tiny, clean-ish but correct (hot water, remote-less TV), it, however, was poorly ventilated by a dying fan, thus turning very early in the day into a sauna. Its only small window directly faced a residential building so it was impossible to open the curtains to have some fresh air. In consequence the room was a dark, hot, oppressive place we spent as little time in as possible.kindoroko is also praised for its roof, which gives a good view of the Kilimanjaro (and the ugly urban surroundings) but I presonnaly thought it was the saddest concrete roof in the world. Positive points : the receptionist, Spora, was extremely professional, friendly, and efficient. Couldn't help but wonder what she was doing there. Also, despite the poor coordination and communication, staff were eager to do their best, the waitress even apologizing for, I quote, "the bad service". Ideal choice for a backpacker, less fun for a couple on holiday.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Moufly
Reviewed October 19, 2011

we stay at the hotel before our safari but we didn't come back to the same hotel because of the service we received and the rooms could not accommodate even a 1yrs old child. the staff don't have a good communication skills, when asked if they have a bigger rooms so that we can change they reply that what we requested therefore its not they are problem. no air condition due to that we could not sleep well because of mosquito.

Room Tip: no advice for that hotel and no recommendation
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Nice hotel - some room are big, others have a great view over Kilimanjaro.
Great place to start and end a safari or Kili trip.
Bars and restaurants are good - the top bar "Summit Bar" can also be used for dining.

Room Tip: Apparently are the inside rooms bigger than the rooms with a view - room 102 is large
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moshi
Mount Kilimanjaro View Lodge
#65 of 179 in Arusha
The Secret Garden
The Secret Garden
#3 of 71 in Moshi

Been to Kindoroko Hotel? Share your experiences!