Open today: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
SHUJAA TOURS TEAM - YOU ARE AN AMAZING PEOPLE I WILL ALWAYS CHERISH

I have nothing more than to say thank you very much to make my dream come. Mt Kilimanjaro climb is... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
dieg0mathias
Valencian Country, Spain
Private Climb with SHUJAA TOURS "perfectly organized"

Our first son, my husband and i completed 5 days climb on Kilimanjaro via Marangu route with Shujaa... read more

Reviewed March 21, 2019
zoeliam
Toronto, Canada

All reviews mr david highly recommend this company marangu route local company his team packs cooks accommodations dream altitude hike meals kili tanzania safari summit
Selected filters
Reviewed August 4, 2018

The shujaa team was very professional and knowledgeable throughout the trip. When we arrived, Director David was there to pick us up and take us to our hotel. We left the next morning for our Kilimanjaro hike, after David and his team cross checked our climbing gear, we successfully completed the hike in 5 days via Marangu route. Our guides, Moshi and Jonus, were fantastic and knowledgeable.

The food was abundant and very delicious in all days on the mountain. We also did a 4-day safari with Shujaa tours, and our guide, Fredy, was very friendly and professional. Again, our accommodations and food were more than adequate and the safari was an absolute fantastic. We highly recommend Shujaa tours and safaris for all your safari and climbing activities.

Date of experience: July 2018
shujaa t, Owner at Shujaa Tours & Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Thank you Alphina,.. We are together grateful!

Reviewed July 29, 2018

I and two friends just finished our treck of kilimanjaro with Shujaa tours. We had an incredible experience. David was very helpful in guiding us to pick a route (Rongai due to it being the driest during the rainy season when we had to go due to vacation constraints) and made sure we had all the information to train and prep accordingly. He was very accommodating in making the tour customized to our needs and once we booked continued to stay in contact to make sure our personal preparations were coming along well. We arrived and he and his team met us at the airport and took us to our hotel in Moshi without a hitch. We had added an extra day to acclimatize in Moshi and during that time our mountain guide and assistant guide came and did a thorough check of our gear to make sure we had everything we needed. One of my travel-mates came laughably unprepared but they were very good about going to a rental shop and making sure he got all the gear he needed. We went over the menu for the trip and after my other travel-mate mentioned she loved ginger, Robert (our guide) immediately called our cook to integrate that into the menu and we had ginger tea available for us every night. Once we got on the mountain after some brief car trouble that was handled very professionally, we registered and began to climb. Our guides were incredibly knowledgeable about the mountain, our cook made us some of the best meals I've had in my life and although our porters did not speak much english they were very friendly and always offered a happy 'Jambo' when they past us hiking. We had high quality tents that we never had to worry about setting up or tearing down (it was handled by the porters). The hike itself wasn't hard until sumit night when Robert was very patient with us as we had to slow down and take breaks, but never let us doubt that we would meet the summit. When we got tired he would take our packs and water to make it a bit easier on us. Our assistant guide Baraka sang almost the entire assent which gave us the energy we needed to meet the top. I'm happy to report all three of us summited! On the way down the altitude was still effecting us (especially me) so we made the decision to combine the last two days of descent into one. This caused no problems whatsoever with the rest of our stay and David and the rest of the ground team were waiting for us at the bottom of the mountain to take us out for a lovely lunch. On our way back to Moshi they stopped to bring us to a souvenir shop (which we requested) and gave us an idea what items we could get elsewhere for cheaper and what were good deals. That night we went out for dinner with David and the rest of the team and as always had wonderful conversation! I was truly sad to leave the Shujaa team as we had previously booked a safari with a different company. Although we had a great time on safari had I known before-hand that Shujaa also offered safari services, I would have done the whole trip with them. All in all it was a great trip, cheaper than the western companies, with no degradation in service and it's always nice to support local companies especially when traveling. I can't recommend Shujaa enough!

Date of experience: May 2018
shujaa t, General Manager at Shujaa Tours & Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Thank you so much Lisa we are humbled and together greatful to achieve this life experience with you.
Convey our warm greetings to your friends & family.