Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Monkey Adventures tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Moshi
from $1,752.00
More Info
from $643.00
More Info
All reviews machame route liver assistant guide uhuru peak climb kilimanjaro his team these guys summit night special thanks rhino lodge amazing experience day trek food was great booking process main guide perfect safari pole pole
Selected filters
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

This company cannot do enough for you! We had a fantastic Safari from beginning to end. Good communication from when we made the booking until the tour began. We were welcomed the morning of our safari by the guide and someone from the office. They made sure we knew exactly what what the itinerary was and to let them know if there was anything we needed or wanted they would accommodate. Our guide Reggie Jr was awesome. He was friendly and told us loads about the area of Arusha, the tribes, the geography etc. He even stopped and bought us some red bananas. We visited Lake Manyara on the first day and Norongoro Crater the next. He knew loads about the animals and gave us as much time as we needed to look/ take pics. The safari jeep was good and had a cooler for drinks. We stayed at Marera Lodge which was perfection. Great views, huge beautiful room.
Even after the safari the guys from the office popped by to make sure we enjoyed our trip and get our feedback.
Would 100% recommend Reggie. Ask for him when you book your safari.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

Me and my partner did a 7 day trek on Machame route with Monkey adventure in early februari 2019. The trek was amazing! Everything went as planned and we absolutely loved our guides Godlisten and Humphrey! They were very professional and helpful. We felt safe and well taken care of and did not experience much problems with the altitude. From a Swedish perspective the trek was wery luxurious with fresh food (no dry food, we even got fresh watermelon!) and dinner served at a set table in a separate mess-tent. The food was just great and the crew was really nice. Would definitly recomend choosing Monkey adventures. The only thing you will regret is not tipping more, they really did a great job!
/Katarina and Magnus from Sweden

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank katarina a
Reviewed March 28, 2019

Monkey Adventures helped giving me the best experience in my life so far! I'm SO incredibly happy and grateful that me and my friends decided to book our safari and Kilimanjaro trip with Monkey, despite the low price and weirdly so many amazing reviews (how could it be true, right?). Well, their concept really really works.

We did a 2 day safari to the Tarangire Nationalpark and Ngorongoro crater. The night was spent at a really nice lodge in between the two locations we were visiting. The guide, Masai, was extremely knowledgable, had studied wild life and animals and could answer all our questions, always with a smile. The three of us were alone in the jeep, which made it comfortable despite our long legs, and in the end the safari was just a dream come true and left me with a happy heart.

Arriving in Moshi after our safari, we had a Kilimanjaro briefing at the hotel. The next day we went to a gear shop where we easily could rent the gear we didn't have. Then set out for the Machame gate and started our trek. I could not have asked for better people to take care of us in the mountain, I felt completely safe at all times. We were served great food, and Hassan (porter/waiter) was so helpful and amazing. Summit night was extremely tough and I am so proud of myself - but without our incredible guides, I would have probably not made it. TINO, FRANK, JONATHAN - you are three of the greatest human beings I have ever met, and I am so thankful.

Book with Monkey, I was amazed!

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank kin82
Reviewed March 27, 2019

I climbed Kilimanjaro with Monkey Adventures last December. I was first little bit suspicious because the cost of the tour was much cheaper than anywhere else. But I decided to go with them in the end as I really couldn't find any bad review (which was also little bit suspicious to me). Now I can confirm that these guys are the best option if you want to make your way to the top easy and fun. They provided excellent group of porters who did everything to make those 8 days on Lemosho route as easy as possible. Thanks to them I will never forget this adventure. I really don't know if they have another group of porters, but try to be the part of the group which is led by Bajuta. He is an amazing guide, always making the good atmosphere and keeping our spirit high. In the hardest moments he used to sing and help us to forget about high altitude sickness. We just couldn't have more luck with the guide. Also I need to mention great food made by Vino who did some magic to make most delicious food in that wilderness, then Abu, Dennis, Nasri and all other people without their help this achievement wouldn't be possible. Thank you guys a lot!!! I wish you many happy climbings!!!

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank kosijer
Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

Amazing journey on the Lemosho Route (6 days). Our guide Sam and his crew took a great care of us. They did everything to help us make it to Uhuru Peak.
This trip is a trip of a lifetime, you will never forget about it !
Sam and his crew is really the best, if you wanna meet some amazing people and put all the chances on your side in order to succeed, pick his team and you won’t be disappointed !

Date of experience: March 2019