All reviewsday bedeach eveningmafia island divingchole islandseafooddive centresunset cruisehomemade breadthe restaurant bar areaeco luxuryfree excursionpeaceful environmentcoffee deliveredbefore dinnerperfect place to relaxwhale sharksanyone who wants
Reviewed August 29, 2017

It was one of the highlights of our trip. We've been travelling for days and days and this friendly lodge, right on the beach, was one of the things that made our stay in Africa a wonderful experience.
The staff is very friendly. The venue couldn't be better. It's right at the beach and still near the airstrip. The dive center is next door and run by very professional team. The bungalows themselves are quite basic, but were clean. The breakfast was really good - lots of fresh fruit, cookies and really tasty omelette with cheese and bacon cooked into it.
Friendly manager and helpful whenever we needed something.
The place is tidy and clean. And I mean clean by European standards.
We would've stayed longer if we could.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Me and my husband spent the last week of our honeymoon in this wonderful place. It's perfect to relax after the safari, we loved everything about Pole Pole, the kindness of all the staff, the peace and silence of the place, the delicious food and the almost untouched nature of Mafia island. We will come back for sure!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ilaria F
Reviewed August 24, 2017

Wonderful trip. From the time we checked in we had exceptional service. Has the feel of a "non-strip" hotel. Quieter and more sedate. The food was great. Nice to sit by the pool. They have a lovely buffet and a la carte menu. Staff and manager were all very friendly. Two particular employee (I believe the names were salma and yoseph) really made our stay special. They made us feel very welcome and well tended to.

1  Thank sycomore469
Reviewed August 12, 2017

Wonderful rooms with Indian Ocean views as well as great trips to see the Blue lagoon, marimam sandbank BBQ, fabulous snorkelling at Chloe island bay and finished with cocktails around the pool while watching the flying foxes fill the air above. Also with great food and service this small hotel was very comfortable. Highly recommended

Room Tip: All have great sea views
1  Thank Parkparty2014
Reviewed August 11, 2017

I had a few days to relax after my Kilimanjaro climb in July and decided to try the snorkeling at Mafia Island, and booked myself at Pole Pole "Slowly Slowly" in Swahili. I have already booked myself at Pole Pole for February 2018 with my wife.
Serenity, Quiet, Breezy, Safe (I never locked my doors) This 7 Room Boutique Eco lodge located about 20min from the airport and is perfect for those who really want to get away. The snorkeling IS super and is expertly run (PADI dive center, nearby) The 3 meals are included and the food is fresh and plentiful. The staff is friendly and always about to assist you at any time, but never intrusive. This property is very very quiet...no music, some internet, no TV, just gaze at the incredible stars at night. Bring a book or get one from their library. One daily excursion is included in the price, or do absolutely nothing it's up to you. Have coffee in the room in the morning....and then go from there. The diving and snorkeling will bring you to Mafia island, the Stars at Pole Pole will guide you back.

Room Tip: all are good
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo