Mafia Island Lodge(Mafia Island)
$169
$100
$45
Mgeni Homestay(Kilindoni)
$20
Meremeta Lodge(Mafia Island)(Great Value!)
$47
  • Breakfast included
Didimiza Guest House(Mafia Island)(Great Value!)
$30
Mafia Beach Bungalows(Mafia Island)(Great Value!)
$51
$17
Priceline
Chole Foxes Lodge(Mafia Island)(Great Value!)
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsday bedeach eveningmafia island divingchole islandseafooddive centreearly morning coffeesunset cruisehomemade breadthe restaurant bar areaeco luxurydifferent activitiesfree excursionnice balconypeaceful environmentcoffee deliveredlocal ingredients
Reviewed August 11, 2017

I had a few days to relax after my Kilimanjaro climb in July and decided to try the snorkeling at Mafia Island, and booked myself at Pole Pole "Slowly Slowly" in Swahili. I have already booked myself at Pole Pole for February 2018 with my wife.
Serenity, Quiet, Breezy, Safe (I never locked my doors) This 7 Room Boutique Eco lodge located about 20min from the airport and is perfect for those who really want to get away. The snorkeling IS super and is expertly run (PADI dive center, nearby) The 3 meals are included and the food is fresh and plentiful. The staff is friendly and always about to assist you at any time, but never intrusive. This property is very very quiet...no music, some internet, no TV, just gaze at the incredible stars at night. Bring a book or get one from their library. One daily excursion is included in the price, or do absolutely nothing it's up to you. Have coffee in the room in the morning....and then go from there. The diving and snorkeling will bring you to Mafia island, the Stars at Pole Pole will guide you back.

Room Tip: all are good
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2017

Perfect end to our family safari holiday. We had thought the wildlife was over but we're whale watching humpback whales on day 1 and having our paid discovery first dive on an insanely perfect coral reef on day 2. Loved everything about it. Thank you. We travelled with our 4 children aged 18 to 12. All loved it.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank RDHT140
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Service was very very good. It surprise us every day.
The room was spacious, clean, nice and confortable with a beautiful view.
Location was so beautiful and quiet
very day we have a different exiting excursion: snorkeling, barbecue from fish made at a spectacular landscape, green turtles born at an island, etc.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent and with the same view
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rackermann2017
Reviewed August 8, 2017

My son and I spent three days here and loved it. It's small (7 bungalows) and the service/staff couldn't be better. There is a pool, massage area (free while we were there to make up for some construction they were doing which we did not even notice!), open air dining, and many 'relaxing' areas. We went diving via the dive center next door, went to see turtle hatchings on a nearby island and went whale watching followed by a stop at an incredible sand bar in the center of the sea. We got to know the other guests and enjoyed cocktails and dining with them. The beach at low tide doesn't allow for swimming and we actually did not use the beach. The rooms were beautiful, with outside private lounge areas as well. Wifi by the pool only. You are given one free excursion via boat per day (although we opted for the paid excursions instead). The coral/diving was amazing.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2017

These guys call themselves eco luxury. And they are. I especially loved the recycled bombay sapphire bottles as water bottles with customised stoppers. No nasty plastic water bottles here, a global scourge. Glorious, kick back, barefoot luxury. And I loved that they encouraged us all to make the most of this incredible destination. They enjoy a tight partnership with Mafia Island Diving to get you out onto and under the sea whether its island walking, turtle hatching, whale watching or diving. Best thing about Mafia is that there's lots to see and do but not alot of other people seeing and doing.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family