Meremeta Lodge(Mafia Island)(Great Value!)
Kinasi Lodge(Utende)
TripAdvisor
Mafia Island Lodge(Mafia Island)
  • Beachfront
Chole Mjini Lodge(Mafia Island)
  • Restaurant
Butiama Beach(Mafia Island)
  • Breakfast included
Mafia Beach Bungalows(Mafia Island)
  • Breakfast included
Chole Foxes Lodge(Mafia Island)
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Didimiza Guest House(Mafia Island)
Ibizza Inn(Mafia Island)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsday bedeach eveningmafia island divingchole islandseafooddive centreearly morning coffeesunset cruisehomemade breadthe restaurant bar areaeco luxurydifferent activitiesfree excursionnice balconypeaceful environmentcoffee deliveredlocal ingredients
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I ended our African vacation at Pole Pole. It was fantastic, The staff are extremely friendly and helpful,which made it very comfortable. We relaxed and had fun at the same time. The Bungalow in which we stayed was wonderful and the food, well it was fantastic. The staff was very kind to us and made the stay on Mafia Island a trip that we will never forget. I can't say enough, how accomodating the people were to my husband and I. This place is so relaxing and friendly that I did not want to leave....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara D
Reviewed September 30, 2012

There are so many amazing things I can say about Pole Pole as well as Mafia Island. The staff are fantastic, very accomodating and friendly, always willing to help in any way possible.. The food was incredible, it is predominantly seafood, but if you don't like seafood they will provide a special menu for you, as they did for my friend. I am allergic to gluten and they provided me with a gluten free menu which was delicious, (the gluten free gnocci was my favourite!)
The setting is to die for, more stars in the sky than i have ever seen before, silence except for the sounds of the sea, and the wildlife. Don't come here expecting to watch tv in bed or even dependent on internet because you will be disappointed, that is part of the beauty of Pole Pole, its like your lost in paradise.
You can do yoga looking out onto the ocean and also receive a fabulous massage from Mauro, there are many excusions available, I chose to dive with the near by dive shop, Pole Pole provide fantastic cool boxes with more lunch than 2 people could possibly eat, perfect for satisfying that post dive hunger!
I can't recommend Pole Pole enough, Thank you for making us very welcome!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We just had a fantastic time at Pole Pole, a very beautiful peaceful place with a wonderful relaxed atmosphere. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.. constantly going that extra mile to make our holiday a unforgettable experience. Big smiles all round, nothing is too much trouble and they really cater for everyone! I'm a vegan and my friend cant eat gluten or wheat and they made sure we were never hungry and never bored with a huge variety of meals. I really cant thank them enough for making our time there so memorable!! Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Pole Pole has a wonderful quiet natural environment.Rooms are superb as is the food.You can walk a little way at low tide along the beach but if you are looking for a long sandy beach it would be better to go else where.That said,Pole Pole is an excellent place to go for a few days and relax.The staff are extremely helpful...the only quibble we had was at times we felt that the Italian and British managers acted more as if they were there on holiday as well eating with friends and relatives in the restaurant rather than being a more subtle presence.

• Stayed: August 2012
PolePoleMafiaIsland, Owner at Pole Pole Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

We'd like to express our heartfelt thanks to our clients for their great review that reflects the very favorable feedback they left at the hotel. In particular we are delighted they appreciated our cuisine and the friendliness of our staff, two things we take particular pride in.

We just wanted to take this opportunity to comment the impression they received of our managers.

At Pole Pole, we offer our clients a more intimate dining atmosphere at individual tables, compared to what they may experience in the bush where many camps only offer communal tables at meals.

Just to clarify, the management doesn't usually eat with clients except in particular cases. At time these clients stayed with us, we had the exceptional circumstance of a solo traveler who invited the Pole Pole family and other staff to dine with her on two occasions, and this probably accounts for the holiday-like atmosphere.

We are sorry if this put out our guests in any way, and we look forward to having them to stay again to enjoy their favourite home made ice creams!

With best wishes and thanks from the entire Pole Pole team.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I simply loved the peace and quiet of Pole Pole. Great customer care and fantastic menu that changes every day. If you are a vegetarian or a meat lover - better specify this before your trip though (while you are booking), because the menu is mainly based on seafood and catch of the day. Home made cookies for my early morning tea time on the verandah overlooking the sea were truly special.

Room Tip: no A/C and no TV. this is an eco lodge. nights can be noisy because of bush-babies hopping around. Take mosquito repellents.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple