“6 weeks in Tanzania and 4 Different Dive companies”

Mafia Island Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Mafia Island Diving is Mafia Island's leading dive centre and the only one officially rated PADI 5 stars. It is run by a PADI Master Instructor and a PADI MSDT. We make a point for all our dive guides to be at least Divmasters. We offer the widest range of water and land based activities. Our dive sites are suitable for both beginners and advanced certified divers. We also offer PADI's full range of courses, from Discover Diving to Assistant Instructor and 15 different specialities. Divers and non-divers alike can also enjoy snorkelling, whale sharks excursions, whale watching, turtle hatching, birdwatching, island tours & picnics, jeep tours and much more.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“6 weeks in Tanzania and 4 Different Dive companies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was in Tanzania for 6 weeks for some medical work and fell in love with diving. Mafia island was the second dive center I went to and the place I received my advanced certification. Dive Instructor David dove with me on all my dives where i completed peak buoyancy and photography courses.

The beauty and diversity of the island's dive sites was made so much better by the knowledgeable, friendly and enthusiastic staff at the center. Definitely a dive company I will be returning to.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Family Discovery Dive was fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

My family of four spent several days at nearby Pole Pole resort and had the good fortune of getting out snorkeling and diving with the team from Mafia Island Diving on a daily basis. We found the staff to be patient and extremely knowledgable. The equipment was all very high quality, the dhow boats were safe and comfortable and the dive locations were simply stunning! I can't recommend this dive shop more for a really top level experience in a pristine marine park!

Zurich, Switzerland
“Amazing fish, amazing dives, amazing staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

We went on Mafia Island for our honey moon to relax and dive. Right on spot for both!
We had a fantastic time under water, on the boats, as well as on the ground. Mafia bay hosts a lot of life: fish that reach they maximum size and coral which is still blooming. That's a good start towards very nice dives, but it does not make you feel, on its own, that you had the best dives of your life. What really makes the difference is the staff. I could write pages on why but I'll make it short:
They are extremely competent, totally focussed on the customers, easy, fun, interesting, super cool, totally passionate and in love with the sea (which also makes them the best asset of Mafia for preserving the area). Equipment is top notch and the crew is making your life VERY easy.
My wife got her Open Water certification. She loved the whole process and the dives. The team was very accommodating on the schedule. At the end, she told me "I think I had one of the best Instructors ever. He was cool but strict enough so I could progress and soooo competent: always finding a new way to explain or a new trick to help".
The team continuously explores the area in order to propose new dives so you can see things totally new: big fish are cool, but what about exploring little tiny things like frog fish, sea horses, etc... Just speak with them, they will probably know a place where you can discover something new, event if you're an old diver.
Go meet the team - its worth it at all levels.

Roatan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“The most accommodating staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

We spent a week on Mafia Island diving and relaxing. The staff were incredible, the boats incredibly comfortable, contrary to what you might think when you first see them, and the diving was fantastic! Really unique stuff, good visibility and fun currents on a lot of the drift dives. We even got to see green turtles hatch and make their way to the see. A top 10 trip for sure!

Visited March 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Very professional, 2 of the best dives ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

The briefs we received for these two dives were awesome...and could be delivered in english, french, german, swahili, italian etc. group sizes were really limited, i think 4 per dive master, equipment was really high quality and well maintained. This dive shop also has a couple of dive sites that only they go too, so you are guaranteed a site with few people swarming over it. Some great snacks on the boat too. The two dives we did were spectacular with great vis, and the marine park conservation is clearly worth it, the coral variety and quantity if fish is phenomenal. Mafia Island Diving also paid big attention to the conservation side of things which was also nice. We did Dindin which is a wall with a swim through and Juani reef. I cant recommend this dive shop enough...obviously helped by the awesome marine life, they were excellent..i am sure they would be fantastic people to learn with if you are interested in qualifying.

Visited January 2014