“Nice place to dive”

Mafia Island Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Mafia Island Diving is Mafia Island's leading dive centre and the only one officially rated PADI 5 stars. It is run by a PADI Master Instructor and a PADI MSDT. We make a point for all our dive guides to be at least Divmasters. We offer the widest range of water and land based activities. Our dive sites are suitable for both beginners and advanced certified divers. We also offer PADI's full range of courses, from Discover Diving to Assistant Instructor and 15 different specialities. Divers and non-divers alike can also enjoy snorkelling, whale sharks excursions, whale watching, turtle hatching, birdwatching, island tours & picnics, jeep tours and much more.
“Nice place to dive”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

David and all his staff are really nice : professional and welcoming.
The spots are great with a special thought to Kinasi Pass.

Visited July 2013

“Nice days and beautyful places to dive”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

For me the trip to Mafia was perfect! I really enjoyed diving with Ruben and the atmosphere in the Dive-Center was very good and funny. All the people who work there are very kind and they help you whereever you need help ! Best wishes from Switzerland

London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant diving, lovely people”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I spent a week on Mafia Island in August and really enjoyed the whole diving experience thanks to Mafia Island Diving. The staff are professional, friendly and knowledgeable, the dive sites and marine life are outstanding - I particularly enjoyed Kinassi Pass and Chole - and the equipment and facilities top notch. Mafia island is a real tropical paradise. If you want to see really diverse - from tiny to extra large - marine life, and beautiful corals, this is the place to go. Getting to the dive sites and sunbathing between dives on a traditional wooden sailing vessel is a real pleasure too! Thank you to Danielle, David and the whole team.

Visited August 2013
Leawood, Kansas, United States
“Wonderful diving, wonderful people”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our adventure group had a great time diving. David and Danielle are terrific owners who put 100% effort into making sure everyone had a memorable experience.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent diving experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had the pleasure of doing my open water advanced qualification with Mafia Island Diving in June.

It was immediately evident that Dani and David run an extremely professional operation with well maintained equipment and an excellent team around them. And what great dive boats they have - traditional Dhows!

I had the privilege of having Sufi as my instructor, and really enjoyed diving with him. He always made sure I was adequately prepared for my skills tests before we even went out on the boat to the dive sites. As an instructor he was extremely professional, making me feel very comfortable in the water and throughout my qualifying dives.

Mafia Island Diving also arranged our visit to the neighbouring Juani Island to witness turtle hatching, which was an incredible experience.

Thanks so much to all the staff at Mafia Island Diving for making our visit a special one.

Regards to Sufi, Reuben, Tom, Juma and the rest of the team!!

Regards