“Great diving and a great dive centre”

Big Blu Mafia Island Dive Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Big Blu Mafia Island Diving Resort is an accommodation, restaurant and activity centre based on Utende Beach inside the Mafia Island Marine Park. With a prime beachfront location, we offer guests different accommodations to suit different budgets, a restaurant and bar overlooking the sea and a variety of excursions on land and sea. Our fully equipped diving centre offers the full range of PADI courses from beginner to the first professional levels, as well as snorkelling trips, island tours, sandbank picnics as well as many more. Guides and Instructors speak English, Italian, Spanish and Swahili. Karibuni sana :-)
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Thanks to Daniel and Allessandro for a great day of diving around Chole Bay. Superb equipment, an excellent dive shop, 2 cool dives and a really nice relaxed atmosphere all day. Especially heading back to the beach on our beautiful Dhow under sail which was so tranquil and idyllic after a full day’s activity.

Guys, we hope the puppies are doing fine!

Dave & Bruna.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

great place to be and to dive. courteous staff, and the divemasters were both professional and candid.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I hadn't been diving for about 14 years but the Instructor Alessandro gave me a thorough refresh and I was straight back into it.

All the staff are friendly and I almost enjoyed my time above the water as much as under it.

If you are lucky Big Blu can also organise for you to head over to the other side of the island to snorkel with Whale Sharks, I thoroughly recommend this along with Big Blu.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

was just a short visit from Butiama, service was good, snorkeling was excellent, our guide was professional and helpful, overall great experience, one of the best snorkeling in Africa

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I can't compare as I only dived with BigBlu on Mafia Island. But the stuff is very friendly and laid-back. Also the dhow are really cool. Therefore i fully recommend BigBlu.