“Simply outstanding”

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Simply outstanding”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I've run out superlatives. Superb food ..... great wines. Excellent hospitality and ambience. I will definitely be coming back again.... and again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank I6341AGjohnl

• Chinese (Traditional) first
George
“just wonderful!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband and I had the most amazing experience at this restaurant! Food is superb the chef pay attention to all the little details and presentation is out of this world! the service is fast and very welcoming , the deco is wonderful.
It was the first time we come to dine here but I can guaranty it won’t be the last!
I strongly recommend this restaurant if you are in the M.Bay area number 1 in my books!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Arianna S
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Filet to die for!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We booked as it was No 1 on TA. The food certainly lived up to this rating.
We both had the filet which was simply delicious. The only downside was we were one of two tables only but we did feel somewhat rushed. We had to ask for a gap between entree and main.
We would certainly re visit.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Neil C
Durban
“Excellent food but service knocks off a star.”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Villa Point is a very quaint restaurant and along with excellent reviews in trip advisor prompted us to try this as a first choice during a recent visit to Mosselbay. Despite having made a reservation, our table was not set on arrival and rather than being asked to wait in the foyer, we were taken to the table and had to awkwardly watch standing in between other diners while it was set in front of us including new table cloths. I'm not sure why this happened as there were at least another 3 tables we could have been seated at which were ready. The downside of this is that the young waitress (who I understand is also a recently acquired partner) was clearly flustered which led to her dropping a tray of cutlery on the floor. She forgot to lay any napkins and set up wine glasses, all of which we had to request to be done - so all in all not a great start. However the evening improved. The menu selection is good and special note should be made that the chef is willing to cook outside the menu if his ingredients allows, an option we gladly exploited with a request for a plate of prawns. The chef visits the table throughout the meal and gladly welcomes feedback. He explained that he has recently taken over with his girlfriend (the waitress already mentioned) and together they hope to continue the tradition of having Villa Point a top rated restaurant in the area. I will certainly revisit.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank NauticalVoyager
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Exceptional culinary experience”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Ambience and service top notch whilst food comparable by world standards. Personal attention from Chef at Table who takes exceptional pride in his trade with total panache.

1 Thank Etisalat