“Not Good”

The Admirals Buffet
Ranked #68 of 97 Restaurants in Mossel Bay
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Buffet restaurant at the Garden Route Casino. Ideal for larger groups, or intimate family gatherings ~ 24/7 bar facilty on gaming flooor
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have been to this restaurant 3 times now, in the hope that they would have changed the menu, but sadly they have not. The food is oily, dried out, meat is tough and cold, and everything is covered in honey, sugar and butter. The chef needs to rethink this menu and make good food. Even though the place is full of "stuffers"(people who eat like they have never seen food before) its not nice at all!!!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The buffet was fresh and plentiful and the price decent.on the evening of our visit, things were a bit quiet and we received great attention from our waiter. One of my favorite restaurants in Mossel Bay.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have been to The Admirals a few times mainly because it is situated in the Casino complex of this Sun Hotel and only about 120 km or so from Kynsna where we usually go to for holidays.

I was going to give The Admirals an average review but changed my mind. The food was enjoyed by all 8 of us and there was something special that each of us, but nothing really fancy like in previous visits.

The bill we paid was what changed my mind. This time one of us had their birthday and ate for free! As for the rest of us the adults paid R135 per head (kids were R60) for an "eat as much as you like" buffet which included everything from carvery, to sea food (no prawns, lobster tails or oysters though), assorted starters (which included crab sticks, mussels and calamari) to assorted puddings and desserts and various other hot and cold dishes. The prices charged for all the drinks were also lower than I expected which is really unusual.

If you are a group that has a big appetite coupled with a limited budget then The Admiral's is for sure a place you should try. It was GREAT value for money especially when you tag on having a casino a few steps away and if you have "overdone" things for the day you can also tack on an overnight stay at the hotel in the complex for about R700 per room (not per person) which is not at all bad.

To top things off, the roulette table I played ended up paying for everyones meal yesterday so yip, we had a great day out and for what it cost, a great meal!

Enjoy!!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Been there plenty of times, but although the restaurant has been renovated, the quality of food was pretty average with every visit. Quantity over quality?

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The location is nice, but the food did not have as much flavour as that of Ponto, I expected exceptional quality as I have heard a lot about Admirals in the past. The staff was also not nearly as pleasant and friendly as those of Ponto

1  Thank Lizna_Boshoff