“my favorite restaurant in Mosselbay”
Review of Cafe Gannet

Cafe Gannet
Ranked #2 of 86 Restaurants in Mossel Bay
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Café Gannet Restaurant is Mossel Bay's seafood House. Acclaimed for local seafood specialties, ingeniously prepared. Coastal oysters, black mussels and Mossel Bay Sole are delivered daily from the harbour to make a delectable and varied a la carte menu, which includes pizza, salads, meat dishes, light lunches and Rainbow Cuisine. For a relaxing afternoon, come and enjoy a cocktail overlooking the Indian Ocean... The Cafe Gannet is a great treat, which will please the most discerning palate - very trendy, so bookings are recommended.
Ghent, Belgium
“my favorite restaurant in Mosselbay”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great food, beautiful location and good service... we had a perfect evening with friends. We will come again next month!

• Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Somerset West, South Africa
“Restaurant re visited.”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I used to enjoy the restaurant when I stay there several years ago and found that it is still a very popular venue. Unfortunately for me my first night there was a very busy night as it was still holiday time. One the first night I had difficulty getting a table but they eventually manage to fit me in. The service was very good, the hard pressed staff handled business very well. I did have an comment to make about the baked Oysters, Moroccan spices just did not get it for me! The main course was good and the wine, although very limited was OK.
I booked a table for the following night and dined with a colleague. We had a very nice meal and again the service was very good. I thought the staff were very patient, there were several young children running in and out unsupervised and its a credit to the staff that no one was tripped or anything spilled. Parent who take young children to busy restaurant must be more responsible. I know it hard to keep them amused for any length of time, so eat early and give the rest of us a break!

• Visited January 2013
Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa
“Needs a lift”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Gannet is supposed to be the best restaurant in Mossel Bay, but we found it to be reminiscent of cafes from 30 years ago, with no imagination. Our food was boring and unappetising. Given the magnificent location the management needs review as we had poor service and food and little attention.

• Visited January 2013
Luanda, Angola
“Great View”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Good place, the food was OK, Service OK, good place for eat and get some drinks. You can spend a long day in this place

Visited December 2012
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“No 1 Restaurant in Mossel Bay”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was based in Mossel Bay for 6 Months this year on Business and I spent my whole time eating in the restaurant.
The food was always excellent and presented very well and the service was very professional and to a very high standard.
Staff were very friendly and helpful
I would recommend the restaurant to anybody who visits the Mossel Bay area as i believe it is the best resaturant in the whole area and should be No 1 restaurant in my personal opinion.

Gary - UK