“Fantastic”
Review of Skydive Mossel Bay

Skydive Mossel Bay
Ranked #4 of 17 Tours in Mossel Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: The Garden Route in South Africa has become a favourite destination for travellers and over 80% of them opt for adventure activities. Skydive Mossel Bay offers tandem skydiving to 1st time jumpers and services over 2000 happy customers every year. Arguably the prettiest skydiving dropzone in the world with breath taking scenery over the Indian. Our skydive experience includes a friendly reception, a passionate jump crew, the highest possible safety standards and a skydive experience 2nd to none!
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We did skydiving here with hank and his girlfriend and they were both fantastic. It was our first skydive and they made us feel relaxed and it was a fantastic experience. If I travel to mosselbay again I will definitely skydive here again!! Chris and charlotte

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

This experience was probably the most scariest and exciting thing ever.
Everyone should go and do it because it's just amazing.
It was awesome.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Made a reservation two months before arrival, which was confirmed by Henk, the owner. Sent emails to confirm that we were all set about two weeks before we were to arrive with no response. Finally, in response to the third email I sent on the day of the skydive imploring them to let us know if all was ok, I got a "plane is temporarily down, sorry" and no more.

Skydiving is a fun sport, but when managers running a place don't know how to run it makes the experience unpleasant.

5  Thank RMSW_Fog
HenkVanWyk, Owner at Skydive Mossel Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2014

Dear Sasha,
I’m so sorry to hear of your misfortune when trying to book with us. I eventually found your email messages, neatly deposited into my junk mail folder! I’m very sorry about this.
I can only guess that since we did not hear from you on the day before your appointment, we did not notify you about our aircraft being out of service and were not prepared for you. Nevertheless, it is our mistake and please accept my sincerest apologies.
If the opportunity arises to visit us again, please join us for a complimentary tandem skydive.
Blue Skies
Henk

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We booked the skydive before our holiday which seemed like a good idea up until about 2 days before the jump when the nerves set in. On the day we turned up wondering what we,d done, it turned out to be one of our best ideas ever! It's all very professional and the staff do a very good job at trying to put you to ease. Once up in the air the views are spectacular to say the least. You don't have to much time to think about the jump and once out the plane all your fears disappear as you try and take it all in. They take fantastic photos and video of your jump and I guarantee this is something you will talk about for years to come and will certainly have one of your photos blown up and hung on the wall! Take a walk on the wild side. Thanks to all the staff, brilliant and so memorable.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a unique experience to skydive from a very small (four pax) plane over incredibly scenic surrounds with down-to-earth instructors for a very modest price. My tandem mate was Hein - 6K+ jumps who did a nice job of suiting me up, giving a brief safety brief and narrating the go-pro for the DVD (included in the price). The airports a bit hard to find, but it's well marked on Google Maps, and the ride in the plane takes about 20 minutes to get to 20K feet. I recommend that you bring your own sunglasses (wrap-around w/ strap), because they give you plasticky ones that don't protect your eyes all that well. The landing was much softer than I thought it would be (keep your knees up and the tandem's legs will hit first, breaking the fall). All in all, a great morning!