“Bad service, mediocre food”

Kingfisher Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 92 Restaurants in Mossel Bay
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We just cruised around and picked Kingfisher for its location. If I looked on TA 1st I would have picked something else - to my regret I didn't. In short, met at the door fine, had a choice of tables as about 1/5 full, early. Asked for a wine on their list, had the wrong wine brought twice after which the waiter said the wine I ordered is not stocked by them. Had to get the wine list back, had to spoonfeed and point it out, and viola, not only was it on the list but they had it in stock as well.This where I should have been out of the door, but unfortunately I had to put up with salad plonked on the table with no dressing, salt/pepper or cutlery and a vanishing waiter. To add the calamari was overcooked and luke warm. All in all an extremely unpleasant experience...I didn't leave a tip.

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

At The Kingfisher in George we had a good dining experience and therefore decided to try the Mosselbay one as well. Great location at the point with a beaut view if you sit outside but the service was not great and the seafood platter was disappointing. The sushi however was good - Salmon was fresh.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

After visiting a couple of restaurants during our holiday in December, we went to Kingfisher for our last evening. I was surprised by good service although it was very busy. Our food was also very nice

Reviewed December 24, 2012

It's got a great location but the food was more or less a fast-food quality. I would recommend it for a quick lunch or just a quick drink. Be prepared to witness a lot of tween and early 20s pretending to be adults. Not my kind of scene.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My tea was luke warm, sushi was good, rice was over cooked and sauce was too thick and cheesy but the line fish and calamari were well cooked