“Be carefull with snakes!”
Review of St. Blaize Trail

St. Blaize Trail
Ranked #2 of 27 things to do in Mossel Bay
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was walking 11 km from 13.5 of total length. When I have reached Pinnacle Point Golf Fields, I have lost my way to final exit at Dana Baai. So I took the chance to interrupt my trail and turned back to the city of Mossel Baai. I recommend this trail to person with some sport profile, due to walking up and down throuout of rocks and bushes, sometimes just 3 metres away from rocks edge (50 m height above the sea). There is wonderfull view of Indian Ocean through out of all way.

Don't forget to take minimum 2 ltr water, sunglasses and hat. Be careful of snakes ( I did not see anyone, but who knows...), and darkness - you can't step any meter in the dark.

Have a nice holidays in Mossel Bay.

P.S. I did my first 19 km that day by walking only (about 7 hours with amazing stoppage near St. Blaize Light House).

3  Thank _12828

Reviewed March 9, 2013

this trail is quite well maintained but I marked it down one as it has a lot of glass on it at the moment. Watch out for loose rocks and sand-slides and keep dogs on a leash at all times as there are Hyrax and birds everywhere !

1  Thank FionaAyerst
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Take your time, take some water with you and enjoy the scenic views - they are unbeatable. Sometimes the way is a bit difficult to find, but mostly well-marked. Watch out for snakes - don't go off the beaten track.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We hiked this trail only part way, starting from the golf course (Pinnacle Point). It's well marked from the parking lot at the clubhouse. We are also golfers, so it's pretty cool to hike along the cliff below the course, rising once in a while to see the fairway and watch the golfers putt or tee off. (Pinnacle's signature cliffside par 3 is part of the hike!) We hiked out about one hour from the clubhouse (but you can continue the full trail to the Mossel Bay Point LIghthouse). Views of the ocean, crashing waves on rock and beach, birds, rock dassies, and many types of fynbos to be seen. Very wild, extremely beautiful place. Trail is in reasonable repair but you should have decent shoes in my opinion ie. runners rather than sandals or flip flops. It's dusty! Not difficult hiking, just following the trail along the cliffside with occasional ups and downs. Bring water and wear sunscreen!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We read about the trek and so decided to give it a go. It is pretty hard going and I would say we are fit. Keen runners, cyclists and gym goers. It is up and down over rugged terrain for about 5hours but the scenery is breath taking, so dramatic and you feel like you are in your own world of seclusion.