“Amazing!”

Botlierskop Private Game Reserve
Ranked #1 of 15 Tours in Mossel Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Botlierskop offers various activities: Guided game drives: Experience close encounters with Rhinoceros, Lion, Buffalo, Giraffe, rare Black Impala and many more species. Horseback Safari to the majestic mountain valleys. Elephant back ride: Experience the real African thrill on elephant back. Spa treatments: we offer various treatments including African massages. Bush walk: guide tour on foot through the reserve to spot the smaller things.
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family and I stayed in "luxury tents" facing the river for a couple of nights this August - it was amazing! They actually were tents and were beautiful. To get to our tents we had to be pulled across the river on a float which was a lot of fun. Botlierskop is beautiful - we woke up to a mummy and baby rhino for the 2 days we stayed which was an incredible sight. The dinner was also really tasty - we got to try crocodile, wilderbeast and ostrich which was definitely an experience. The whole experience was amazing - especially the game drive and walking with lions. I would definitely recommend this to other families - especially if you love wildlife!

Visited August 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“The overall Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

My Mum, Dad, Sister and I did the Safari ride on the truck and saw what I only dreamed of seeing. The Safari range is amazing and the guide will always take you close enough to the animals to be safe but also close enough to feel awesome about the fact you might be 2-3 metres away from a adult Lion or Buffalo. My guide was called Neil and he couldn't have been more helpful to us. If you are in a family of 4+ people, you will probably be all in one truck together without anybody else. We got that on our first day. My dad and I did the cat walk and just as we were getting close to the lions, a female came up to us and brushed passed us. My favourite animal is the lion and is was one of the most happiest times of my life. The food at the Lodge was great and to me was pretty unusual, Crocodile Tail, Mountain cape Zebra, Ostrich, Black Wildebeest, and Yellow Lionfish. I also really enjoyed the infinity Pool on a ledge outside the Lodge you feel like you're on the edge of a cliff. It was AMAZING! you will regret not going!

“Lions Walk Was Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I did the lions walk. It was unbelievable! The Tour Guide was very passionate about what she did and made sure you got pictures and an amazing experence. I got to touch, and walk with 2 white lions and a normal one aged one and a half. They were lots of fun! Worth every penny! Do it! You won't regret.

Visited July 2013
Kristiansand, Norway
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Cat Walk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We did not do the game reserve - we walked with lions. This is an other entrance but still part of botlierskop.It kost 480 rand per person. I did it twice - once with my boyfriend with two young lions 2,5 years, and once with my sister with three lions (two white, one normal) 1,5 years. The younger were more fun and playful and I enjoyed this walk more as the lions were not three meters in front alle the time, however one should do this anyways. Another reason the second walk was better is that the guide was late for the first, so it felt that we had less time. However the people make sure you get your pictures and they take care of you. If the rain is pouring - they will not do the walk, be prepared for this.

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I never wanted to leave this place. Upon arriving we got welcome drinks and shown around the compound. Fell in love. It was serene and lovely. We had decided on a full board and got 2 game drives with that and over night stay. Lunch, dinner and breakfast in the morning.
Such a great game drive in the afternoon. We saw the lions which are lazy but it started to rain and they got up to move around. The male lion got up real close to our Vehicle. In the end it was pouring rain and got cold... it was unbearable even with blankets and ponchos. We saw enough. Lunch was good but do note drinks are not included. They are extra. The dinner was a buffet, and it was the most amazing buffet I have ever had. All game meats available to try. With sauces and desserts. Amazing food. I can not wait to eat water buck again. The best meat I have ever eaten.
I must say our executive tent (#14)was amazing. With an outdoor shower, that I had to use even if it was too cold. Just an experience to shower outdoors. We needed to cross the river in a makeshift platform. And one evening we actually were told buffaloes roamed near us and had an incident where we had to shoo them away. Scary but actually exciting.
We were rained out again for the morning game drive so we came back early. But we all had an amazing breakfast and time. All the employees were friendly and helpful. Nothing short of amazing. Wished we had a chance to use the pool but it was too cold.
Can not wait to go back!!! Such a lovely place for a weekend getaway.