Botlierskop Private Game Reserve
$97
Protea Hotels
Point Village Hotel(Mossel Bay)(Great Value!)
$46
  • Beachfront
$90
$88
Hotels.com
Hotel Portao Diaz(Mossel Bay)(Great Value!)
$35
$22
Agoda.com
Oceans Hotel(Mossel Bay)(Great Value!)
$48
$41
Agoda.com
$144
Orbitz.com
Eden Country Inn(Klein Brak River)
$52
$44
HotelQuickly
1,345 results
All reviewsmanor houseluxury tentsoutdoor showergame reservetented suitelion walkhorseback safarigame meatelectric blanketsthe main lodgehorse rideamazing experienceinfinity poolwild animalsgolf cartwatering holetreated like royalty
Reviewed October 16, 2011

What a fantastic place. The tents are amazing, guides really friendly and food very good. There is a really lovely swimming pool which looks over the beautiful surroundings. Had a really good time and really enjoyed the game drive.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We spent 2 nights in Botlierskop. The adventure already began before we got to the gate of the game reserve as the road leading there were submerged in water. I have been to many places around the world but I must say that checking in to luxury tent with an open air shower which allows you to gaze up into the beautiful starry sky (on a good day, of course) is definitely a place to remember! Even more when it's where my fiance had proposed to me (on our last night in Botlierskop). Anyway, Jurgen was our dedicated and friendly game driver whom really knows his animals! I've never seen or heard of a nyala or a bontebok or the cute lil' dassie (As the africans call these cute lil furry animals). The game drive and 2-horse back riding were my favourite part of the trip. And on rainy days, a trip to the spa is a brilliant idea! Followed by a bowl of warm soup by the fire. 2 things that Botlierskop can improve on are 1. Quality of the food (to us, the food was average and definitely didn't get value for money) and 2. Fire place (the fire should be roaring during the cold winter nights to keep the customers nice and warm when having their meals. Even more so when the dinning tables are situated so far away from the fireplace! Thank God for the blankets)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We only stayed for one night at the Botlierskop game reserve during our tour of the Garden Route. This was a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone who is travelling the Garden Route in South Africa. This is camping with a difference! Luxury tents with our own veranda/terrace. The tent has a lovely bathroom area with toiletries supplied and a nice pedestal bath. And there was a shower outside which felt a bit strange at first.
When we arrrived at Botlierskop, we were met with a welcome drink and given that we were a bit late, we had to go on our booked mini-safari just after we got there. . We saw quite a few game animals and of course there was the expected stop to have snacks and sundowners. On our return, we were given a sherry and our luggage was taken to the tent for us via a buggy
The meal in the restaurant was exceptional - 5 courses. You get the opportunity to try different game meats.
There is also an infinity pool and the views are beautiful. The staff were very polite and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
I would definitely go back there if I go back to the Garden Route.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank maggydee99
Reviewed August 23, 2011

On the last day of our SA roadtrip we wanted to try a small game reserve. Now I'm an old hat at safari but at the end of the day it's the place that counts. I had never seen a Knysna Lourie nor a Nyala but both were here! Thank you team and especially Angela for such a great time. You made it seem effortless.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed May 14, 2011

As a treat I took my mum to South Africa for her 70th birthday. We had 5 nights at Botlierskop and then 4 in Cape Town.
Botlierskop was fantastic! We had a luxury tent by the water and had to pull our way across the water on a floating pontoon to get to our tent at night after being dropped off by a buggy. This was great fun and went some way to burning off the calories consumed in the great restaurant.
We didn't stop charging around in all the time we were there, everything was perfect. The tent, food, staff, the safari's especially the horseback one. My lasting memory however is the stars which were pointed out to us as we were taken back to our tent at night.
I normally find something to complain about, but not here. I only wish I could return with my 4 children!
My