Open today: 7:30 AM - 6:30 PM
Review Highlights
Wonderful experience!

I did the sunset kayaking trip on Lake Kivu with Kingfisher Journeys and HIGHLY recommend it... read more

Reviewed February 23, 2020
kearakathryn
Kayak in Lake Kivu

Had a great afternoon kayaking along the shores of Lake Kivu around Gisenyi. We also had time to... read more

Reviewed February 3, 2020
640sannem

Recommended experiences in and around Gisenyi
from $199.24
More Info
from $35.00
More Info
All reviews canoe trip the river lake kivu beautiful scenery great guide hot springs great afternoon local farmers great opportunity sunset kayak great kayaking lots of fun recommend this trip fishing boats wonderful birds small rapids morning or afternoon
Selected filters
Reviewed March 21, 2018

The 2 hour journey to Musanze is worth it ! Fantastic way to see the river valley, beautiful scenic views including volcanoes and local farmers & fishers who all wave greetings as you float by. Our instructor & tour guide Sandrine was brilliant with her 4 novices & we felt like pros by the end of the trip. She was patient, encouraging & we felt in safe hands the whole way.The whole experience was first class and great fun. The best morning ever on the river. Thank you Kingfisher Journeys - we will do it again.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

I had an outstanding trip on Lake Kivu with Francis. I just signed up for a half day plus the sunset tour since I was limited on time, but I really wish I'd been able to do more. Francis is an excellent guide who pointed out different bird species to me and explained some of the cultural things we saw along our way. He's a great conversationalist who seems able to talk knowledgeably about any subject! I really enjoyed spending a few hours on the water with him.

Sadly the weather didn't cooperate with sunset plans, but Francis was very communicative about that possibility. And when I got back to town, the money had already been refunded to my account without my even having to ask! I am so impressed that Kingfisher Journeys is such a young company and yet they were so responsive and professional every step of the way. If you are in Gisenyi (or Kibuye!), definitely take advantage of this opportunity to see Lake Kivu up close while learning about life along the shoreline. And treat yourself to some sambaza at the end!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed February 19, 2018

great little trip out on Lake Kivu with our guide. well organised and no hassle.
thanks. we will be back.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed January 8, 2018

Thank you Kingfisher Journeys, my family had a fab adventure on the river with you, thank you for a lovely New Year adventure, good for all ages and abilities and languages, I look forward to returning to Rwanda and trying out one of your other adventures

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

We did the 2-day kayaking trip on Lake Kivu. It was easy to book and well organised. Our guide, Francis, was very friendly and knowledgeable. He was happy to go at our place but also suggested an interesting route. We'd definitely recommend Kingfisher Journeys.

Date of experience: December 2017