“Trip on Lake kivu”

Kingfisher Journeys
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Gisenyi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore, discover and journey amongst the thousand hills and see more of Rwanda from a truly unique perspective. Soak up the peace and quiet on the water, watch the beautiful landscape passing by, see the amazing birdlife, engage with friendly communities and do something unique in almost all of Africa! We run professionally guided small group kayaking day trips and overnight adventures on Lake Kivu from both Gisenyi and Kibuye multi-day activities from Cyangugu to Gisenyi. With new modern and very stable kayaks and all equipment provided, our guides offer instruction to help you enjoy this exciting - and yet also very relaxing - activity!
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing kayak trip onto lake kivu in the afternoon and early evening to watch the bird life, visit the hot springs and watch the fishermen sing their way into the lake.
We got so interested chatting about the land and the lake that we nearly missed the fishermen paddling out.
Fab trip brilliantly tailored to my abilities in a sea kayak. Amazing g scenery and knowledgeable guide.

1  Thank jamiewalkworth
"fantastic experience"
"half day trip"
"high quality"
in 2 reviews
"beautiful views of the surrounding countryside"
"different types"
"great afternoon"
"great addition"

Reviewed March 21, 2018

The 2 hour journey to Musanze is worth it ! Fantastic way to see the river valley, beautiful scenic views including volcanoes and local farmers & fishers who all wave greetings as you float by. Our instructor & tour guide Sandrine was brilliant with her 4 novices & we felt like pros by the end of the trip. She was patient, encouraging & we felt in safe hands the whole way.The whole experience was first class and great fun. The best morning ever on the river. Thank you Kingfisher Journeys - we will do it again.

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

I had an outstanding trip on Lake Kivu with Francis. I just signed up for a half day plus the sunset tour since I was limited on time, but I really wish I'd been able to do more. Francis is an excellent guide who pointed out different bird species to me and explained some of the cultural things we saw along our way. He's a great conversationalist who seems able to talk knowledgeably about any subject! I really enjoyed spending a few hours on the water with him.

Sadly the weather didn't cooperate with sunset plans, but Francis was very communicative about that possibility. And when I got back to town, the money had already been refunded to my account without my even having to ask! I am so impressed that Kingfisher Journeys is such a young company and yet they were so responsive and professional every step of the way. If you are in Gisenyi (or Kibuye!), definitely take advantage of this opportunity to see Lake Kivu up close while learning about life along the shoreline. And treat yourself to some sambaza at the end!

Reviewed February 19, 2018

great little trip out on Lake Kivu with our guide. well organised and no hassle.
thanks. we will be back.