All reviews congo nile trail in advance bamboo house lake kivu comfortable beds bit out of the way filtered water an incredible view light sleeper granola small fried fish a great place to stay fish brochette bus station stayed longer beautiful place loud music
Reviewed November 24, 2017

We spent two nights at Inzu Lodge arriving in a downpour, but this didn't dampen our spirits.
The tents are very comfortable, with stunning views of Lake Kivu. The bar and restaurant was the perfect place to relax, surrounded by beautiful flowers and birds. The food was excellent and good value.
The lodge is a bit out of the way, but you can easily walk into the little village, or neighbouring hotels for dinner, or take a longer walk on the Congo-Nile trail past the brewery, there is plenty to do. A great place to stay and relax.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
INZU L, Propriétaire at INZU Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for the very nice review and taking time to share your experience with the viewers of tripadvisor. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stayed with us and the view over the lake Kivu. I'm also pleased that you appreciated our food in the restaurant. I will be very happy to share your comments with our team.

Reviewed November 21, 2017

You've already read the rest - amazing views, tranquil location, cozy beds, great food. But I thought I would share my experience with one specific staff member.

After taking a bus from Kigali, I hopped on a moto to get to Inzu Lodge. Halfway there, the excitement about my weekend getaway melted into panic--I had left my camera on the bus! Checking on my phone, there was absolutely zero contact information for the bus company (no Facebook, website, phone number...). I figured my chances of recovering it were zero, so I continued on to the lodge.

When I mentioned to the receptionist, Emmanuel, what had happened, he immediately pulled out his phone and started making calls. Within fifteen minutes, he had called a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend, who was able to call the driver, who found my camera! Within the hour, I was at the station in Gisenyi with my beloved camera safe in my arms again.

I've made some dumb mistakes in the past that hospitality staff have been forced to remedy. However, Emmanuel's willingness (and incredible ability) to go beyond his job description is almost unparalleled in my years of traveling. In case you needed another reason to stay at the fantastic establishment, Emmanuel is it!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
INZU L, Front Office Manager at INZU Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

Thank you very much for the best review,
I am very happy that you found your camera, and that you like everything from our place, our food, our accomodations,
We really appreciate when you enjoy your stay.

Emmanuel

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

The property exceeded all expectations. The beds are ridiculously comfortable, the communal bathrooms are very well kept, and each tent features a little porch with two chairs that look out over the lake. The restaurant has an equally fantastic view. We only had a lunch and breakfast on the property. The breakfast was tasty and good value for money. The lunch options are a bit pricier and more limited, but still good.

It's quite a ways out of town (~25 minute/7000RWF taxi ride to the popular Calafia restaurant) but we much preferred the remote location. There are many closeby access points to the lake where you can swim or just sit by the water, and as mentioned the town is easily accessible by taxi (the reception will call one for you).

Overall a lovely option for a quick weekend getaway.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Ayesha,
Many thanks for the very nice review and taking time to share your experience with the viewers of tripadvisor. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stayed with us and our facilities. I will be very happy to share your comments with our team.

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

If you live in Kigali, Inzu is an easy (paved) 3 hour drive from the city. You can stay in a variety of tents, all of which have porches and views of the lake. The restaurant and bar are good and affordable. It is lovely at night. You can watch the sunset and thunderstorms come across the lake. Easy access to the lake, town, and Congo-Nile Trail.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Andrew,
Many thanks for the very nice review and taking time to share your experience with the viewers of tripadvisor. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stayed with us and the view over the lake Kivu. I'm also pleased that you appreciated our restaurant. I will be very happy to share your comments with our team.

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

The lodge is nicely located on the peninsula in Gisenyi on the hotel strip. Even though there is no direct beach access the views over lake Kivu are stunning. We stayed on two separate occasions 1 night at the lodge and had 3 different tents during our stays. The lodge as such is very simple- a joint shower, a joint toilet (privy)- both next to each other and very open. The tents and the two single beds in each tent are very small, especially if you are tall or sharing with somebody. The tents have seen better days- especially the entrance areas are pretty rotten. In case you tent is close to the restaurant area prepare for lots of noise, especially in the morning when the staff start to work. Breakfast comes extra. It's good but coffee is expensive. If I would spend the whole day at the lodge I wouldn't know what to do there due to the lack of beach access. Overall an economical option to spent a night in Gisenyi, however I would not stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank ThomT77

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review. We are sorry to know that you did not have a good time with us. I will definitely warn the employees to make less noise in the morning when they begin the work. For your information we have already 4 new tents. Also, there are several activities to do in Gisenyi. We have a list of things that can be intresting to do on our Web site, like Kayaking, bicycling, rent a canoe, hikking in the hills, cook and eat with inhabitants of the village, etc.