All reviews congo nile trail in advance bamboo house lake kivu comfortable beds bit out of the way filtered water an incredible view light sleeper granola small fried fish a great place to stay fish brochette bus station stayed longer beautiful place loud music
Reviewed August 15, 2017

This was my first time in Gisenyi and I loved it!

This is a camp set-up with a beautiful view of Lake Kivu. Great place to unwind and read a book, or write a book..whatever you fancy.

The staff is very helpful and the food is amaze balls - everything is well priced. I remember we had a boat trip organised, had breakfast, dinner and a couple of drinks and did not pay much. Each of our bills came to about $40 for everything!

What you should note however is that the tents do not come with bathrooms, therefore you will need to walk around the camp in a towel. The bathrooms do not have toiletries so please carry your own. The toilets stink for some reason - I think they are pimped pit latrines. The WiFi signal is also not that strong all the time but who needs WiFi when you are in such a beautiful place.

There is a little shop where you can get some souvenirs. Overall, great place.

Room tip: Carry your own toiletries to be on the safe side
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Concillier
INZU L, Propriétaire at INZU Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for the very nice review and taking time to share your experience with the viewers of tripadvisor. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stayed with us and the view over the lake Kivu. I'm also pleased that you appreciated our food. We are working to improve our internet connection and our WiFi network. Unfortunately we do not supply the toiletries but we supply the bath towel and slippers. I will be very happy to share your comments with our team.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

I had a lovely time at Inzu Lodge! The staff were very friendly and helped me with planning my outdoor adventures in Gisenyi. The lodge was peaceful with an incredible view!! I would highly recommend staying here!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for the very nice review and taking time to share your experience with the viewers of tripadvisor. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stayed with us and that our staff helped you planning your outdoor adventures in Gisenyi. I will be very happy to share your comments with our team.

Reviewed May 29, 2017

I think I should have checked these two things before booking but there is no wifi in the rooms and VERY weak wifi in the public area too. Also the toilets are unusual; no flush and an ancient system. Apart from these issues, the staff was lovely and the space beautiful. Semi permanent accomodation but great views and great breakfast.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Onaiza,
Many thanks for the nice review and taking time to share your experience with the viewers of tripadvisor. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stayed with us. We have now a better internet connection and WiFi network. I will be very happy to share your comments with our team.

Reviewed May 21, 2017

Only stayed 1 night before heading out on the Congo Nile Trail. Stayed in the bungalow which was very cute & comfortable with an awesome view of Lake Kivu. Dinner and breakfast in the restaurant was also delicious. The only downside was wifi was really only available standing by the entrance and the location was far from the nearest town if you don't have a vehicle.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
INZU L, Propriétaire at INZU Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2017

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for the very nice review and taking time to share your experience with the viewers of tripadvisor. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stayed with us and the view over the lake Kivu. I'm also pleased that you appreciated our food. We are working to improve our internet connection and our WiFi network. I will be very happy to share your comments with our team.

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

A warm welcome awaits. What a lovely friendly place to stay. The tents are amazingly comfortable with mosquito nets and electric socket. The restaurant had a varied menu and the breakfast was delicious. Beautiful gardens and an amazing view over lake Kivu. Great value for money and well worth a visit.☺

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for the very nice review and taking time to share your experience with the viewers of tripadvisor. We are very pleased that you and your kids enjoyed your stayed with us. I'm also pleased that you appreciated our food. I will be very happy to share your comments with our team.