“I felt pampered and relaxed in the rustic atmosphere”

Whispering Woods Cabins
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jordan
Whispering Woods Cabins
Longview, Texas
“I felt pampered and relaxed in the rustic atmosphere”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The mountain top cabin had a wonderful view of the lake. The Whispering Woods Cabins & Grill setting is so serene and relaxing, and a terrific value for comfortable well-appointed accommodations. The cabins have all the amenities we needed, including a full size oven/range and a refrigerator with top freezer. The location is ideal for sportsmen, close to fishing, hiking, and scuba diving. My wife enjoyed the almost endless variety of quaint Twin Lakes area places selling antiques and collectibles. The Grill's fine dining was a most welcome change of pace. The food was delicious. This was our first experience staying at this delightful getaway. We really wish our vacation could have been longer, and look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: The lake view cabins are my favorite. Spectacular at sunset.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jerry H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Longview, Texas
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This past weekend was the first chance we had taken the time to get away to the Whispering Woods Cabins & Grill. I will say, we will make plans to go more often and stay longer!!! The Lusbys are such welcoming, friendly, hands-on owners! The cabins were peaceful, comfortable, and very clean. The view of the lake is wonderful, and the sunset was one of the most beautiful I have seen in some time. The food is not at all what you would expect from a "cabins and grill". It is absolutely mouth wateringly delicious! Don't forget to order dessert! They are all yummy, too. Remember, you can get it in a "to go" box and take it back to your cabin and put it in the fridge, for later! I highly recommend that you MAKE the time to get away to The Whispering Woods Cabins & Grill, soon!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lynda H
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I just returned from a weekend get-away at this jewel, nestled in the beauty of the Ozarks hills. From the breathtaking view of the lake to the kind of service that we just don't find everyday, I highly recommend this property.
We found it easily and had a smooth check-in. James and Betty greeted us and offered their service for anything that we might need over the weekend. We made our way to our cabin and were impressed (the photos don't do it justice...the view is amazing) at the clean and well kept cabin. Everything was there that we needed - individual grills for cooking just steps away, a million dollar view (we stayed in cabin 9 - aptly titled "Lakeview") and a clean and well kept kitchen. We had a full size fridge, microwave and toaster along with everything that we would expect a 'housekeeping' cottage to have. The bathroom was clean and the room was cooled upon our arrival. We noticed a heater, but did not have to use it.
The owners answered all our questions and offered up some movies or games to play - this would be great for kids. Great sleeping - the room stayed cool all night. Very private - we never heard our neighbors. We even picked some of the most delicious apples we have ever tasted from the tree in front of our cabin. The room comes with a flat screen tv and DVD player.
We ate at the restaurant on Saturday - great service, amazing food and an impressive wine selection. The restaurant was packed - you need to make reservations, as the locals seem to have discovered the grill. All over the property, there are little private settings that offer a relaxing and private place to get away from the hustle and bustle of life and enjoy the scenery. The owners have worked hard to update the cabins and their efforts show. Their helpful and friendly attitude are so rare these days - we will be back!
This property can be a great get-away for so many people. For fishermen and women, you are minutes away from some of the best fly fishing in the midwest, along with the large lake. I imagine hunters would enjoy this as well, as there are many good spots for hunting in the area. The owners can point you in the right direction.
For families, the cabins will meet your expectations and there is a play area. DVDs and games make for a memorable 'family memory' of time spent here.
For couples, the easy pace and ease of preparing food (although, you MUST try the restaurant at least once!) combined with the relaxing environment will make for a memorable weekend.
For retreats, I imagine groups needing to 'get away' from the rat race (easy day trip from many cities) along with the affordable rates make this a great value.
I tried to think of anything that was negative and could not remember anything that stands out. Because of it being somewhat rural, you are limited to local TV programming, but who wants to watch TV? We watched the news and some network shows, along with borrowing a couple of movies one night.
Great value for the money, easy to reach them with questions and the photos on the website are realistic.

Room Tip: They have a hot tub - it's outside, so bring your suit! We forgot ours :( Limited spices and co...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank OzarkSojourner
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely loved my stay. I noticed a few comments on here about the thin walls and small TVs. So I asked the owners about it when I called. There are new owners as of dec 2012 and they said they were updating all the cabins and doing some remodeling. I booked one that had new insolation so I was warm and toasty. It had a 32 inch flat screen tv and DVD player. They had a variety of movies We could borrow during our stay. There were beautiful log beds and cute decoration in our cabin. The restaurant was delicious. They had wine and excellent dessert! James and Betty -the new owners were very polite and ensured we had everything we needed for our stay. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Outdoors1989
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed three nights . The cabin was quite,and clean.My bed was soft.I felt as if I could sleep for days. The view of the lake was amazing. But....the food was oh so good. I had the shrimp scampi and it was good. I will visit again.

Room Tip: Lake view is a must......
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sonya S
Nixa, Missouri, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Loved the view and the grill food was great. The grill has a deck out front too where you can sit and enjoy the pretty Lake view. Cabins are cozy and cute. The Lakeview ones have a nice wood deck out back that faces the lake. So close to fishing in both the River for trout and the Lake! Quiet and Peaceful. Only a few miles to town for shopping and entertainment. Nice campfire area for groups. Tv's are too small but why go to this place and sit and watch tv when it is so nice outside. Each cabin has its own picnic table and grill and sitting area. Has a guest laundry too.

Room Tip: Cabins 8-11 are Lakeview
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Arkansas
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I expected a small, nice cabin that my children could enjoy without me telling them to be quiet so they didn't disturb the neighbors. What we received was a small, nice cabin with paper thin walls, 4-5 television channels on a relic television that did not have hook-ups for a DVD player, and window air units.

The window air units would not be bad except the 110 unit in the "master" bedroom blew out lukewarm air, the 110 unit in the kids bedroom only worked on high, and the 220 unit in the living room sounded like a 747 taking off. If you wanted to watch one of the channels on the TV, you would have to turn off the air. Considering that we visited in August, that wasn't really an option. The play area for the kids was an overgrown sand pit, rusty swing set, and a tether ball. For our family of 4, we paid $356.00 for 2 nights. Next time we will use that money for better lodging.

Room Tip: Stay in a hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 50sfreak

Been to Whispering Woods Cabins? Share your experiences!