We have just spent 5 nights at the cove in treehouse no 2 after spending 6 nights on
safari we were very tired when we arrived as it took 2 hrs from Mombassa to get here
so we went straight to bed. The next morning we opened our eyes to the most amazing
view over the Indian oceon, treehouse lovely, veranda huge, beautiful beach no people
just the local fishermen in the morning, interesting to watch them from veranda. Staff here are very friendly and we had all our meals served by the butler Richard on our
veranda however the one drawback is the food, it is very basic, not much choice and
dont think you will get fresh fish except if you want to spend a lot of money on lobster.
They have on menu home made natural yoghurt but they dont make it and it is very
difficult to get even carton fruit yoghurt, juices are from a carton and coffee is not very
good although Richard tried his best. Having said this it is a beautiful place, peaceful,
private and may go back sometime when they have sorted out the menu!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COVE TREE HOUSES - DIANI BEACH, KENYA Our small intimate lodge is nestled in its own private cove, just 12kms from Diani Beach Town - but well away from the hustle and bustle of mass tourism. The Cove offers guests exclusivity, excellent service, and the peace and quiet of a magical retreat! Here, time doesn't matter, and our team will work around your schedule. Your long, lazy beach walks will be uninterrupted, and the only sounds you will hear are the wish-wash of the tide, the cry of distant fish eagles and the rustling of the Baobab and Coconut tree leaves. The Cove has only six ocean-facing villa treehouses, with their own private decks. Enjoy panoramic vistas of the East African coastline dotted with pretty Ngalawas (Swahili boats). The Cove is a romantic retreat and is perfect for honeymooners. If your dream is to have a Kenyan beach wedding then you have just found the perfect place for it. Diani Beach has been voted Africa's Top Beach Destination 3 years in a row (beating Mozambique, Sharm El Sheikh, Zanzibar and Cape Town!), and is everything you'd expect from a tropical beach get-away: a gentle breeze whispering across powdery white beaches fringed by coconut trees and lapped by the warm Indian Ocean. Diani is on the Kenyan South Coast, a scenic forty-five minute drive from Mombasa. Like any good beach destination - Diani Beach is not short of activities. We can organise kite surfing, diving, snorkelling, deep sea fishing and so much more while you stay with us..... Or you could choose to indulge in absolute relaxation during your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your The Cove Treehouses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove Retreat Hotel Ukunda
- The Cove Treehouses Kenya/Ukunda