We came down from our safari in the Mara, not knowing what to expect. We'd obviously researched through the internet, but nothing prepares one for the heavenly view that befalls one from the terrace of the treehouse - there's the Indian Ocean lapping up the beach, just metres away. And the lush vegetation, the sweet bird song, the exceptional service all add up to paradise.
We were pretty anti-social, and ate all our evening meals on our terrace. We took breakfast and lunch under the vast boma. There were other guests but no-one expects to socialise as we were all like-minded.
We spent 5 days here, and our thanks to Doris, Charles, William, Joshua and Rosie for making us feel as though we were part of their community. Not forgetting Boris and Seth for their friendliness and warmth.
If you are looking for privacy, good food, wonderful service and barefoot luxury, you've found it, but don't blame me if you can't get in; The Cove Retreat is a gem!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COVE TREE HOUSES - DIANI BEACH, KENYA Our small intimate lodge is nestled in its own private cove, just 12kms from Diani Beach Town - but well away from the hustle and bustle of mass tourism. The Cove offers guests exclusivity, excellent service, and the peace and quiet of a magical retreat! Here, time doesn't matter, and our team will work around your schedule. Your long, lazy beach walks will be uninterrupted, and the only sounds you will hear are the wish-wash of the tide, the cry of distant fish eagles and the rustling of the Baobab and Coconut tree leaves. The Cove has only six ocean-facing villa treehouses, with their own private decks. Enjoy panoramic vistas of the East African coastline dotted with pretty Ngalawas (Swahili boats). The Cove is a romantic retreat and is perfect for honeymooners. If your dream is to have a Kenyan beach wedding then you have just found the perfect place for it. Diani Beach has been voted Africa's Top Beach Destination 3 years in a row (beating Mozambique, Sharm El Sheikh, Zanzibar and Cape Town!), and is everything you'd expect from a tropical beach get-away: a gentle breeze whispering across powdery white beaches fringed by coconut trees and lapped by the warm Indian Ocean. Diani is on the Kenyan South Coast, a scenic forty-five minute drive from Mombasa. Like any good beach destination - Diani Beach is not short of activities. We can organise kite surfing, diving, snorkelling, deep sea fishing and so much more while you stay with us..... Or you could choose to indulge in absolute relaxation during your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Cove Treehouses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove Retreat Hotel Ukunda
- The Cove Treehouses Kenya/Ukunda