Amani Tiwi Beach Resort
$124
$115
Travelocity
  • Pool
Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
$115
$101
Hotwire.com
$217
$140
Priceline
  • Pool
The Sands at Nomad(Diani Beach)
$140
$124
$160
AfroChic Diani(Diani Beach)
$412
TripAdvisor
Diani Sea Resort(Diani Beach)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsanimation teamafrican skieslong poolbeach boysswimming poolprivate beachsouth coastall inclusive packagedeluxe roomspalms restaurantevening entertainmentwater polotable tennisthe general managerkids clubbeach volleyballstandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My partner and I have just come back from a 1 week stay at the Amani Tiwi Beach Resort and have nothing but excellent things to say about our holiday.

First of all when we arrived at the hotel they were extremely helpful, we sat down to check in and were given a cold towel and refreshing drink to cool down with, They explained all about the facilities and what was available on the all inclusive basis. We then had somebody carry our bags to the room and show us around the room.

The hotel is very clean and I could not complain about a single aspect of it. The staff are so helpful, lots of waiters and waitress at the bars and restaurant so you are never left waiting to order. I would like to say thank you to Kevin, Faith and Joseph at the bars as they were always so friendly and efficient we always felt welcome.

The animation team were amazing, they would be providing entertainment all day long either stretching on the beach, water polo in the pool or african dance lessons on stage. Peter, Vincent and Carlos were especially helpful and friendly, never a dull moment with them around. They ensured our holiday was as fun as possible.

Dalib the finance manager was also extra helpful, he arranged our taxi's for us when we went out one night and spoke to the taxi driver beforehand to make sure he looked after us. We only had pounds and it was late in the evening but he went to the trouble of finding some shillings for us so that we could go to the bank in the hotel and change up our money.

Would definitely recommend this to anyone, whether it's a family holiday, or romantic couple break, it's well worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Having travelled to the Coast on numerous occasions, this hotel is now amongst my top places to stay. I stayed with a friend for a few days on a quick escape from the City. I knew exactly where the hotel was as I have driven to Ukunda/Diani beach many times however this time we flew in to Diani Airstrip and got a driver to take us the 15/20 minute drive to the hotel. It's just a few minutes away from the main tourist drag of Diani Beach and is on an adjacent beach separated by a river outlet to the sea It is a large hotel and very well suited to families. My friend has teenage children and I have an 8 year old and both of us said we'd love to return with our families as there's plenty to keep the kids amused.

In my absolutely honest opinion the staff in this hotel have to be the best I have come across in Kenya. They are personal without being intrusive and always prepared to go the extra mile, and some more. The food was typical of an All Inclusive and I mean that in a positive way, there's plenty of choice, it's fresh and well cooked. My friend is vegetarian and had plenty of options as did I. The cocktails are awesome, particularly the Pina Colada. I judge a hotel by the quality of their Pina Colada and this was the best I've had in a long time, The only downside being that towards the end of our stay they had run out of coconut cream - however that could have been our fault for drinking too many!!!

The entertainment team were lovely and whilst encouraging you to take part in the traditional activities on offer they would leave you in peace if that's what you preferred. What really pleased me was to see the animation team playing with kids all day, whether it be one child in the playpark or a some boys playing darts and I even saw them playing board games with some young children one afternoon, it truly was a pleasant surprise to see.

If you choose to book here I really don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LizWadd
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at the Amani Tiwi Beach Resort in Dec 2012, went back briefly in May and i am so going back again soon!

The place is excellent. The children will not leave the pool - The beautiful long pool. It is paradise in Kenya!

Staff were courteous and very helpful. From the GM to the waiter, they were all so helpful. Some visitors ordered some drinks and complained a lot about the prices (they claimed not to know how much they costed) but the staff were very courteous. The all inclusive package is awesome.

There is not much to do around Tiwi but really we had no reason to leave the hotel. We did not see much of the kids club for some reason.

The rooms are quite spacious and well put up.

I recommend Amani Tiwi to those looking for a relaxed holiday. We really did not want to leave! Sad we had to come back to work!

The food was good too.

Room Tip: For those traveling with Children the connecting rooms are very helpful. The pool is shallow on most of the long side so not to worry if your children cannot swim. Ours do so the whole pool was ideal. If it is for honeymoon ask to go to the Superior rooms as they are more private.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Joy K
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We've recently come back from spending 2 weeks at Amani Tiwi & we also did a trip with Julius from JT Safaris while we were there. (We have used J T Safaris before & always found them very reliable & helpful & would highly recommend using them for any trips/safaris/excursions while you are in Mombasa.) In the hotel the majority of the staff are great & give an excellent service, & always seem to have a cheery smile & are very willing to help. There were a few issues during the time we were there; but I must say these were always sorted out very efficiently & satisfactorily. The hotel grounds are beautifully maintained & very attractive. The beach is raked daily, but there was an amazing amount of seaweed while we were there. It is not the best beach around as it is fairly rocky & corally & you will need reef shoes to walk out into the sea to avoid the sea urchins & rocky areas. The pool is kept very clean & the pool boys work very hard to maintain it. The hotel is off the beaten track & once you're there, you cant go out & about & explore or walk to the shops etc etc. The main gripe we have with the hotel is the variety & quality of the food, there is not a lot of variation & the sweets get a bit monotonous. The meals tended to be either not properly cooked in the middle, or they were burnt! Both of us were confined to bed (at different times) for 24hrs with d&v & several other guests we spoke to had iffy stomachs. This is not the effect of malaria tablets or holiday tummy, as we go to Mombasa every year, & have never had this problem before. We feel that the food lets the hotel down & needs to be improved. We will not be returning there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hookedonkenya
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My family and I had the good fortune to stay at the Amani Tiwi Beach Resort during June. We could not have made a better choice.

When we arrived we were greeted by courteous staff, great welcome with traditional Kenyan dance....given moistened towel. Feeling quickly refreshed after travel and journey from the ferry. I knew already that we had made a great decision to stay at the Amani. This was followed by a swift check in and the porter who took our bags and escorted us to our room was very professional. He explained everything in the room & did this so quick & professional that before we realized, we had already felt settle in. Our two weeks stay confirmed this prediction.

Hotel
The hotel is located at Tiwi Beach -- literally 90 minutes journey from airport.

Room
We had two family rooms that were incredibly roomy. The rooms were spotless. Clean bathrooms were stocked with a
full array of toiletries & clean towels. Each room had a television which were rarely turned on because we were busy looking at the balcony views. The balcony of our room was facing the pool. Fabulous pool view ever.....
provides a perfect view of the exquisite morning and evening. Sat and soaked in the view with a cup of coffee as many times as we could. And was compelled to look out every time I passed the balcony window. Currently, a picture of this view is in the wallpaper on
my iPhone so I can hold onto this memory a bit longer.

With the ever cooling aircon, it was very comfortable to sleep after a vibrant- filled day of activities.

The buffet was just perfect, varied with live cooking and fresh foods. Crunchy vegetables and a section for vegetarian was a welcomed idea. Even for my ever very fussy wife,the food was perfect. For the first time, she did not complain for the 2 weeks nor had stomach upset.

Beach
Brilliant and we had many lazy days here. Private and shaded with palms trees, this is one of the best & tranquil beaches. My children loved swinging on the hammocks.

Staff
Perhaps the most impressive aspect of the Amani Tiwi Beach Resort was the staff. I have stayed at many four star hotels throughout my life and can honestly say that this hotel provided the best staff and service I have experienced to date. Everyone from the desk clerk to the concierge to the gardener to the cooks at be buffet were exceedingly
courteous and friendly. We could see their aim was to make our stay as
comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Several staff members would ask
about my plans for the day and then follow-up later on, genuinely
interested in my experience. Several times we needed an amenity
(e.g., toothbrush) and would simply call and it was brought to our
room almost immediately. Perhaps the best illustration of the quality
of the staff follows: I was asking where the business room was to
print my boarding pass. Typically staff at hotels would provide
directions. At Amani, the Reception staff literally walked me there, let me in, and sat me at the computer (which was fully functional including printer stocked with paper).

Entertainment staff were always very friendly and entertaining. They did all they could to make all the guests entertained. Water polo, aerobic & the world class evening dances...simply mind blowing :) They also kept our children very busy which allowed us time on our own.

Bottom line:
The Amani Tiwi Beach resort is extraordinary, located in a perfect spot and the staff has thought of everything to make your stay a world class experience. This was our first stay at Amani and we did not want to leave.

If the staff from Amani would be brought to work for a Hotel here in London, that Hotel will be PARADISE in London!

All the staff do passionately all they can to make sure you genuinely enjoy your stay.

Our specials thanks & gratitude particularly goes to the General Manager Mr Imtyaz Mirza for personally making sure we were having spot-on time.

In one of our discussions with Mr Mirza, we were very impressed to learn that he is spearheading a mentorship programme in Hotels & Hospitality management for the locals which he explained will have enormous impact on the youth of Tiwi and perhaps, soon, breeding top hotel managers.

Mustafa was also very helpful throughout our stay. Faith at the bar, Peter for morning stretches, Omar at the pool, Joseph at the Restaurant all great people.

Was very sad to leave but one thing is certain..WILL COME BACK SOON.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family