just back from the amani but waited for a few days to let things sink in.trip from the uk delayed over 3 hours and took alot longer than normal for the transfer due to traffic and the ferry.hotel was still being worked on but didnt cause any problems.it was very quiet for first 2 days but got slowly fuller by the end of the second week.This i think effected the food quality as it got better by the end of our holiday.beech boys were there again but just play cat and mouse and they do give up.went on safari into tanzania and this is reported else where.anyone interested we stayed at sopa hotels and will be done soon.the staff are helpful,polite and cheerful.this hotel will soon end up full of families and may not suit the couples only set as the beech,pool area and facilties are just right for this type of holiday.one small complaint is aimed at the thomsons day trips.pilli pipa is way over priced and not what we expected.we have done other boat trips and this one didnt meet our exxpectations.dolphins seen but not swam with,no beech time and too long a day (over 12 hours from pick up to drop off).very poor value for money and not recommended.Thomson rep (Mercy) is full of fun and energy and will try and sort out any problems.Overall hotel will be a great venue when finished and staff are already a credit.last point,read all reports and you will get a good idea of what to expect as do not want to repeat alot of what others say.just go with an open mind and enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently up graded with an addition of another specialty restaurant-Sultan Dhow & Aqua wine bar overlooking the Indian Ocean with a wide choice of wine served by glass. Refurbished Floodlit Tennis Court. A dedicated 3D 84 inch screen facility, Ultra modern conferences in a separate hotel wing.New hotel boutiques, air conditioned rooms, Hi- speed WIFI Internet & 32'' LCD TV with Satellite feed in the rooms, Complimentary mini fridges, electronic safes, Tea & Coffee making facility, Hair dryers, Mosquito nets and superior guest toiletries Dedicated 24 hours in room dining menu. Upmarket Hair Salon Beauty & Wellness Center.Superior guest amenities. Weekly Complimentary traditional renewal of Wedding vows.3 Specialty restaurants and 4 bars including swim-up sunken bar in the a 167 Meter length free form swimming pool... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Amani Tiwi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amani Tiwi Beach Hotel Ukunda
- Tiwi Beach Hotel
- Amani Tiwi Beach Resort Kenya/Ukunda