“The only place to taste real local food” 4 of 5 bubbles

African Pot
Ranked #13 of 39 Restaurants in Ukunda
Cuisines: African
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nyon, Switzerland
“The only place to taste real local food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

The place has an authentic feel to it and the food is good. I would recommend to pass on mouton or beef because the parts they use are quite poor. If you order meat, stay with the chicken and fish. The prices are higher compared to other local restaurants but are still cheap. The service is excellent. The quantities are very generous. The downside is that the menu offers too many choices.

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Diani Beach, Kenya
“Good local food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very well priced and excellent foods. The curry is always a winner. At times you can find yourself waiting a while for your food (It's all cooked fresh using local methods) so I would recommend calling ahead.
The restaurant itself has a intimate feel and is well worth a visit at night. Tip: Get the tables under the fans.

Visited August 2012
Reading
“Regional cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I took the opportunity to try some of the local cuisine at the African Pot - the dishes were delicious! We would both recommend that travellers to the area give it a go!

Visited August 2012
edinburgh
“Another visit to this lovely Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

As it was a bit of a cloudy day and showers were looming my friend and I went to the African Pot for lunch and as I had to go to Western Union which is opposite it and killed two birds with one stone.

As it was May time the restaurant were doing some renovations but the tables had been moved closer to the bar area and the menu had never changed.

I love the food in this restaurant and the prices are good and the sodas etc reasonable.

My friend hhad the fish dish in the huge casserole and ugali and I had the chicken in the casserole pot.

The food was excellent as was the service. The toilets are clean as locked as only clients can use them and the door is locked and one has to ask for the key.

It is just lovely to sit and watch the world go buy - the sellers do come in but go away quickly when they know you are not interested.

I usually have my nails done by a certain guy that is there but no-where to be seen.

The jungle drums must have been beating as he appeared with his case and my nails were cleaned, manicured and painted with a lovely design all for 500khs which I thought was a good deal.

The TV screen was on so we watched a bit on the TV and then returned to Diani.

Asante sana once more and will certainly return soon.

• Visited May 2012
Diani Beach, Kenya
“Group of CGCV”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

we ordered food for a group of 30 people but then ended up getting food for 15 people , not well done and also the personnel were not even ready to talk to us to explain what went wrong. the teenagers were not well fed and went on complaining till we reached at their villa and made them a meal... in short there was no meaning visiting the African pot. but i guess they are not well prepared for groups , maybe a couple or 2