“Regional cuisine”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reading
“Regional cuisine”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I took the opportunity to try some of the local cuisine at the African Pot - the dishes were delicious! We would both recommend that travellers to the area give it a go!

Visited August 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
edinburgh
“Another visit to this lovely Restaurant”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

As it was a bit of a cloudy day and showers were looming my friend and I went to the African Pot for lunch and as I had to go to Western Union which is opposite it and killed two birds with one stone.

As it was May time the restaurant were doing some renovations but the tables had been moved closer to the bar area and the menu had never changed.

I love the food in this restaurant and the prices are good and the sodas etc reasonable.

My friend hhad the fish dish in the huge casserole and ugali and I had the chicken in the casserole pot.

The food was excellent as was the service. The toilets are clean as locked as only clients can use them and the door is locked and one has to ask for the key.

It is just lovely to sit and watch the world go buy - the sellers do come in but go away quickly when they know you are not interested.

I usually have my nails done by a certain guy that is there but no-where to be seen.

The jungle drums must have been beating as he appeared with his case and my nails were cleaned, manicured and painted with a lovely design all for 500khs which I thought was a good deal.

The TV screen was on so we watched a bit on the TV and then returned to Diani.

Asante sana once more and will certainly return soon.

• Visited May 2012
Diani Beach, Kenya
“Group of CGCV”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

we ordered food for a group of 30 people but then ended up getting food for 15 people , not well done and also the personnel were not even ready to talk to us to explain what went wrong. the teenagers were not well fed and went on complaining till we reached at their villa and made them a meal... in short there was no meaning visiting the African pot. but i guess they are not well prepared for groups , maybe a couple or 2

York, England, United Kingdom
“Popped in for a drink”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went in a for a drink with friends, nice bar, was left alone and to our own devices! Great music and football on the TV!

Visited September 2012
Tallinn, Estonia
“Great swahili kitchen, good prices”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The African Pot served the best swahili cuisine we´ve tried in Kenya and Tanzania. Very friendly service and the dishes are very delicious. Their fresh juices are really amazing, I usually drank some 3-4 of them for the dinner. The atmosphere in the restaurant is lovely and homey, they try hard to make your experience memorable. Really loved the place.

• Visited June 2012