“going back again”

Ringo Adventure Safaris
Ranked #24 of 56 Tours in Ukunda
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Ringo Adventure Safaris is a local tour company based in Diani Beach south of the Kenyan Coast. When one thinks of a safari, one thinks of Africa, specifically east Africa. Images of wildlife, the sun, endless golden terrain, exotic flora and fauna, tropical sandy beaches, strong smiling people with mystical lifestyles and traditions all come to mind. The beauty of the bush and excitement of a safari are what makes an African safari such a magical experience. Our safaris are done using the custom built safari mini vans and the 4x4 jeeps. We do pull in ( Joining) safaris and private safaris to fit ones needs, desire and budget. WELCOME - WILLKOMMEN - ACCUEIL - BENVENUTO
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“going back again”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

wonderful time - Ringo tours excellent company to deal with - all run smoothly - no hiccups whatsover - cant recommend highly enough

Hamisi - and co. great to deal with

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Ian H

• Polish first
Harderwijk, The Netherlands
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“3 Days Masai Mara air safari”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

After a lot of research on the internet we knew that we want to the Masai Mara.
We E-mailed some tour operators in Kenya,(Also the one with so many reviews on tripadvisor) But Hamisi from Ringo Safari’s was always the first one who answered all my questions.

He booked on our request Kicheche Bush Camp which was out of this world.

Everything was well organized, Hamisi picked us up at the hotel and brought us to the airport and checked us in. (He also booked our flights in advance) When we came back the taxi was already waiting for us at Ukunda airport.

First we paid a deposit, and we became a conformation and Receipt of payment, and a copy of reservation for the Bush Camp. After a few weeks he wrote me that Kicheche want the full amount in advance…….
It was a little bit scary to make a bank transfer for so much money to somebody you don’t know, but we did. And afterwards there was nothing to worried about Hamisi did a very good job.
I can highly recommend Ringo Safari’s……Thank You

2 Thank Truida V
Worcestershire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent safari”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I booked a safari for my parents and friends whom were travelling out to Mombasa for my wedding. Hamisi from Ringo safaris was always very prompt in his reply with any questions I asked him and boy did I ask some questions! He never once made me feel that he was getting "fed up" of my constant quiries and always put any fears I had at ease. We paid a 30% deposit by bankers draft which was perfectaly safe and the rest on arrival at Mombasa, Hamisi met my friends and family on the day he said he would, discussed the itinerary and showed them the vehicle ( we had a 4 x 4 landcruiser, which was well worth it) when he made sure they were happy, they then paid him the balance. Well, they said the safari was excellent, their driver whom I believe was mohammed, was a very safe driver and his knowledge of all the wildlife was excellent, as were his "spotting" skills, he also had a book to always show them the spelling or anything they didnt understand. They stayed at Voi wildlife lodge in Tsavo east and Finch Hattons in Tsavo west. Just beware of the drink costs at Voi Wildlife, other than that a lovely lodge. Finch Hattons was something else, it was more expensive but as this was a special occassion and my parents are in their 70's I thought they would love this place, which they did. Overall I could not recommend Hamisi, Mohammed and all at Ringo tour and Safaris highly enough, keep up the good work Hamisi!

4 Thank Clarmarc1
Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A wonderful 4 day safari in Tsavo West/Amboseli”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I was cautious about paying over my money as a deposit from the UK and the full balance 2 days before departure at my hotel but I had confidence in the efficiency and good communication I had received from Hamisi. He showed me round the safari vehicle -a landcruiser which seemed like the best method of private travel for a family of 4. In our view much better than the little safari buses! Stayed first night at Kilaguni lodge in Tsavo and this was excellent with a great view of water hole over lunch and dinner. 2nd night very good at Serena Amboseli but not quite as good a setting as Kilaguni. Third night at Kibo Camp was fun although food not as good as others. Mohammed is a brilliant driver and source of information on animals-we were delighted to see a leopard at close quarters and most others apart from cheetah and rhino. Maybe we could have visited Tsvao East in the time allotted but would not hesitate to recommend Ringo to others. Thanks for great trip.

2 Thank krobo
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Outstanding Safari matched with outstanding service and value for money”
Reviewed November 23, 2009

We have just returned fro a 4 day safari with Ringosafaris to Amboseli and Tsavo, it is not the first safari we have done in Africa BUT it was the best organised and the best value for money. We upgraded to a Toyota Landcruiser as there were 4 adults and for the few extra pounds it was well worth it. We pulled a Nissan safari van out off a swamp, we crossed a swollen river two good examples of why I would recommend a Jeep versus a Nissan. Our guide was Mohammed who was excellent though we did meet Ringo in Tsavo. We booked from the UK so we were able to choose between the lodge/tents recommended by Hamisi well in adavnce. Hamisi met us at our hotel the day before to take us through the itinary again and the next morning we were off.
We are now looking at the map of Kenya to go once again with ringosafaris to either Aberdare, Sweetwaters Game Reserve, Lake Nakuru, TransMara and home or Trans mara, Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Amboseli and home.
I would strongly recommend ringosafaris, Mohammed our guide, Ringo himself and Hamisi you will not find better service and value for money in Kenya, whether you fly into Niarobi or Mombasa they can meet all your requirements.
So "Live your Dream" and book today is my advice