We went there for a weekend holiday. We booked a cottage for two nights, they were near the swimming pool and hence there was a lot of noise from the kids playing there
The cottages needed re-furbishing as we could see chipped paints and the mattresses weren't comfortable. The whole room could do a re-decor to give it more of a nice feel. Unfortunately our room hadn't been cleaned properly prior to check-in. I felt the gardens needed a bit more of landscaping to give country lodge feel.
The dining room had a true country club feel and the food was adequate. They made special food for us as we were vegetarians. I felt the price for the lodge is too expensive compared to the service and facilities it has. It would be okay for a one night stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the top of the escarpment of the Great Rift Valley you can see Lake Naivasha sparkling in the sun thousands of feet below. Just an hours drive from Nairobi, Naivasha is one of the gems in a necklace of Rift Valley lakes. Perfect for both active and leisure travelers, Lake Naivasha Country Club offers an abundance of activities to please all visitors to Nairobi, Kenya. The resort dates back to the 1930s and has since been transformed into a sprawling 55-acre property with a variety of accommodations and guest facilities, including cottages, a swimming pool, and sumptuous gourmet dining. For adventurers, the nearby Crescent Island is a haven for zebras, wildebeest, gazelles, and giraffes ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Lake Naivasha Country Club-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Naivasha Country Hotel
- Lake Naivasha Country Club-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya - Rift Valley