“relax and enjoy”
Review of Sawela Lodges

Sawela Lodges
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Hotel, in lodge style, is really relaxing, and en-joyful. The accommodation is very good, the service is extremely friendly and above all the gardens are very well landscaped, and give you a atmosphere of tranquillity.
I was sorry to stay there for business, and that I could not more enjoy it!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 6, 2014

An impromptu visit on a Sunday leads us to Sawela lodges Naivasha.. i have been here before and i find the place homely and welcoming... being January the lodge was very quite and just the place i and my family needed to for a getaway... the staff from the gate always welcoming the Ambiance at the front office have changed and is more warm..good sign for for our stay..we had lunch which was very extensive despite the few guests which made feel appreciated... the afternoon at the swimming pool area and the cool music was the best way to spend a Sunday afternoon... the kids enjoyed the bicycle riding as well... Dinner was Alarcate and well thought off.. as a family we were accommodated in the Suite which has two bedrooms sharing a sitting room great setup for a family...Talk about the Packed breakfast as we left at six Am to Nairobi ( reporting to work)...Felt so refreshed to hit the road... Sawela is just it...!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Beauiful scenery, large airy rooms.

The hotel has vast grounds where one can relax during the day as they enjoy the fresh air.

The food is fresh with a wide selection of fresh fruits.

There is an experienced naturist who is available to take visitors on a nature walk while pointing out the different species of the birds.

He is very knowledgable.

Room Tip: Checked out rooms on both sides and all were lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This hotel was recently opened and offers all classical comfort and ambiance of the traditional lodges. Also ideal place for meetings. Good internet connexion everywhere.
Offer at breakfast a bit poor and repetitive dishes at lunch and dinner.
Staff very polite and helpful.

Room Tip: No specific tip
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The staff helped me to organize a birthday surprise and they did it beyond my expectation,It was simply AWESOME,The buffet lunch was excellent the ambiance relaxing and bottom line that will be my destination of choice for a getaway.......!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is fantastic. Expansive green lawns..fresh air..the food. I had a really nice stay here.
The hotel has great ambience. The staff, especially in house keeping and the local naturalist are very good. The bar is cosy with a nice fire place. The only problem is, most guests seemed to sleep quite early making the bar a boring place by 11 PM.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was my first visit to Lake Naivasha Sawela Lodge. It was recommended by a number of people when I asked friends on social media to recommend a good hotel by the lake, with features, service and quality you expect in an upscale property for a reasonable price.

The members of staff are exceedingly good. I found the all: from Charles who handled my booking in Nairobi, Linet, Leshan and others at the front office, Kennedy the chef who helpfully worked with restaurant staff to fix meals for my children as they couldn't handle the food on offer on the buffet, the guy who washed my car even though I hadn't asked for it (and I was grateful he did, for the car was dusty) to the restaurant waiting staff whose name I forget who found my misplaced car keys and tracked me down to return them.

I was very pleased, that on the day we checked out, the staff offered to pack for us lunch for the day as we would not be in for lunch, and yet we had paid for full board, and had checked in the previous day.

The physical facilities are good quality, and well maintained. The swimming pool is beautiful, as are the grounds that all rooms face.

Management should consider installing mini fridges in the rooms (I assume they don't have as room 27 didn't have one).

Overall, a great quiet place. We were there for just a night, but the children want to go back.

An excellent place, odd that it isn't a name that comes up as often as it should when you ask for recommendations for hotels in Naivasha.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family