Stayed for two nights in February as part of an intrepid tour.
- Food - buffet style and awful not at the same level as the hotel itself. They pre cooked spaghetti and left it sitting in the tomato sauce in one of those stainless steel containers with the lids so it was luke warm and soggy. I was travelling with 8 others and they said the meat at lunch was barely edible as it was tough and overcooked with little meat actually on the items and there wasn't much improvement at dinner either. Serving dishes were left open by staff and the lids weren't hinged, so food was warm at best and even worse was there were lots of flies around. I'm vegetarian and the two nights we were here I survived mainly on bread and cereal bars I had packed from home!
- Drinks were very reasonable
- Nice lounge area with comfy sofas, big fire and the wi-fi worked well.
- Rooms were clean and very spacious with large bathroom which had a separate shower & bath and nice balcony overlooking the lovely gardens. There is a lack of plug sockets in the room though so plan your charging of phones, tablets etc!
- Pool was slightly green but apparently swimable although personally I wouldn't have taken the chance even if I had the time.
Overall I wouldn't stay at this hotel again due to the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonder the reasons behind the high flying Sawela Flag? Excellent and outstanding services that exceed our guests' expectations, by clearly setting each and every guest as our first priority at all times. The Sawela lodge is located 85 kms from Nairobi and 13 kms from Naivasha town on the Moi south lake road, Naivasha. The name Sawela means "comfort in a birds nest". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Jovago.com so you can book your Sawela Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawela Lodges Naivasha, Kenya - Rift Valley