“Had a great stay!!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Naivasha
Mwanza, Tanzania
“Had a great stay!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Visited the property recently. Lovely place with a great atmosphere. Rooms are very spacious and nice and they have a great shower!! We stayed in he bungalows out at the back which are a bit of a walk away. Meals were ok - nothing special but nothing to complain about!! They have a nice gym and lovely swimming pool.

property was a little too large for my liking and it seemed a little empty (depite it being completely full). However i would stay here again!

Room Tip: try getting the front rooms - they have an amazing view and an outdoor shower!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kunal16

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Enashipai recently for a series of business meetings and it left me utterly, utterly confused. While I'm sure the conference rate we were staying on was much cheaper than the peak-season website rate of $670 a night for double occupancy, I was left wanting in many ways for a hotel that bills itself as being such a luxurious getaway.

Overall, the rooms looked really nice and the outdoor shower was a nice touch, but the following is a list of things I would expect from a hotel charging $670 a night that were not, in any sense, delivered by Enashipai:

-For $670 a night, I expect the lights in the room to function. Not just half of them; all of them. One should not be using the low-light lamps to light the room at night because the overhead lights in half the room aren't working.

-For $670 a night, I expect the toilet to flush properly. This means the filling mechanism shouldn't get stuck and keep pouring water into the bowl 24/7. This also means that the cheap plastic flush button (painted to look flashy and silver) shouldn't slide around on the wall, and even fall off, when you're jiggling with it to fix the aforementioned issue with the filling mechanism.

-For $670 a night, I expect reception to answer the phone when you call them--be it 22h30 or 08h00. And they should answer it on the first call, not on the third or fourth. Also, I would expect that reception, after confirming that they will notify you when the rest of your party arrives, will actually do so.

-For $670 a night on Lake Naivasha, I expect to see hint of savanah from my room--not a reconstructed American-style golf-course community complete with a center fountain and well-watered turf grass. What's more, and unlike the other popular Lake Naivasha hotels, Enashipai doesn't even have a pier or seating by the lake--making it difficult to appreciate one of the region's main attractions from the hotel.

-For $670 a night, I would also expect world-class dining, rather than so-so buffets. Especially considering that, if you're staying at a resort in Naivasha, you're unlikely to venture outside your hotel for breakfast or dinner.

In short, the place seemed to be a lot of show without much substance. They've clearly placed a lot of emphasis on the decor and design--which shows and is very well done--but they've unfortunately not placed the same priority on the everyday functional aspects that make a luxury hotel truly luxurious. Nor have they developed the natural aesthetic appeal of Lake Naivasha to their hotel's advantage.

I recognize that many of the other reviews for this resort are quite glowing compared to this, so maybe this experience was an outlier. But having stayed in other hotels on Lake Naivasha and in Kenya in general, we were thoroughly disappointed by this hotel--especially when considering it's high price tag as advertised on their website. I might pay $150 a night to stay at a place like this, but certainly not the $670 they advertise at.

If you're looking for a better Lake Naivasha experience at a much more reasonable price, check out the Lake Naivasha Country Club, where you can watch hippos from the pier, monkeys in the Acacia trees on the grounds, and take a boat to Crescent Island to walk with the Giraffes.

Room Tip: If you're really going to stay here, make sure you get a room with an outdoor shower. It's s...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank hojason
Oregon Coast, Oregon
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a business trip to Nairobi. Our hosts suggested we take a few days and go to "the lake area", Lake Naivasha, specifically Enashipai. We are so glad we did. Despite all the trucks on the road, it was a lovely 1 hour drive from Nairobi.

We stayed in an upper floor Executive Room (not the Cottages) with a wonderful outdoor shower. Architecture was wonderful. The room was quite spacious with a separate desk and sitting area, well decorated in local motif, but not overdone. Everything was clean and contemporary. Our room faced a green space with a beautiful waterfall and the trees and lake beyond. We enjoyed a nice glass of wine on the balcony several times. Internet in the rooms made it easy to work a bit as well. No construction noise in our area. The areas of the hotel that we saw looked exactly as the website pictures show - beautiful.

While there did not seem to be many children there during our stay, we loved that there was a separate playground area for them. Nothing is more frustrating that going to a lovely resort for a get-away and having screaming children running all over!

We found the food plentiful, good variety and taste. Loved the dessert puddings! I am vegetarian, but still had plenty of options to choose from to fill my plate.

We saw the hippos at the lake the first night we arrived. We've been on safari's in other parts of Africa so we really didn't need that experience here, but they have them available in the area. We did take a drive into Hells Gate National Park and saw many of the "herd" animals - giraffe, antelope, warthogs, etc. But the mountainous scenery was spectacular. The area also has large scale flower farming that supplies a good part of the world. Someday when we hope to return, I would like to take a tour of one of greenhouses.

The resort hosts a good number of conferences and is a perfect spot for a wedding. There was no wedding while we were there, but the conferences going on did not inhibit our stay. If anything, it added to the excitement of the facility.

We are from the Northwest Coast area of the United States. It rains alot where we live. So we thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor dining and sitting spaces and the pool area.

In summary, Maasai Mara is the area in Kenya to go for safari, but this is an excellent place to getaway if you're doing business in Nairobi/Kenya or just looking for an alternative to relax after a busy travel schedule.

Room Tip: Upper floor Executive rooms have excellent outdoor showers!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank dgsg
Nairobi
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I visited Enashipai after coming across it in the trip advisor and deciding to take the risk. What can I say? It was worth the risk. The hotel is set in a great place, quite cool and as for the rooms, they are simply elegant. Wish I could take a room home with me. The hotel is great, the food excellent and the ambiance better than in many other hotels I have visited.

The only flip side was the noise from some revelers who decided to Party the whole night and thus interfered with my sleep. Apart from that, be sure I would not mind going back to Enashipai. Its in a class of its own.

Room Tip: If you can get the upper floor rooms, the better.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alex N
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel is situated in a Serene Spot in the heart od Rift Valley only one hour drive from the Capital of Kenya.

Perfect spot to have a garden wedding.

The staff were enthusiatic and ready to serve. The food is sumptuous and the grounds are large and Green

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank khannah_12
nairobi
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Lovely rooms, with an african touch, yet maintaining a modern feel. Very comfortable. The pool was mostly warm, kids had a lot of fun. With 2 play areas for kids, they have outdone themselves on that front. The food was good, compliments to the chef on a delicious sticky toffee pudding. A great place to take a short break.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mamatotoNairobi
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Excellent facility, but still under construction in some areas. Rooms are amazing and the food was good, though for the price of a full board package, I felt there would have been a better selection, but all in all it was a great place to be.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business