The title says it all, Elsamere, beyond the rich and fascinating history of the place and of the people who created it, is a quite and cosy lodge on the shore of Lake Naivasha.
What I liked there is the beautiful garden, the excellent food (don't miss the pastries and cakes at tea time), the beautiful views on the lake and a good service. An ideal place to rest and relax for one or two days. The rooms are clean, simple, a bit old sometimes, but comfortable. Be aware of the hippos who graze in the garden at night.
I surely recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elsamere is the former home of Joy and George Adamson, renowned for Elsa the Lioness who's story was told by Joy in her international bestseller "Born Free" and in the film of the same name.Today Elsamere is a friendly lodge run by the Elsa Trust offering twin bedded accommodation in individual cottages set in the beautiful grounds and offers a homely atmosphere, good food and a relaxing stay.The grounds and lake provide a peaceful environment which abounds with wildlife -notably over 300 bird species making it an ideal stay for all bird lovers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Elsamere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elsamere Field Study Centre Hotel Naivasha
- Elsamere Naivasha, Kenya - Rift Valley