Nicely located beside the lake Naivasha with lots of little cabins available for renting. The décor is really nice with old items previously owned by the Adamson. The food was quite good with a large buffet for New Year eve. The cabin definitely had seen better days with some paints peeling and some showers not working properly. The room were also quite noisy with some kind of pump making a terrible noise. Also, the bed had not been made during our stay. Not bad but not sure it is worth the price they are asking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elsamere is the former home of Joy and George Adamson, renowned for Elsa the Lioness who's story was told by Joy in her international bestseller "Born Free" and in the film of the same name.Today Elsamere is a friendly lodge run by the Elsa Trust offering twin bedded accommodation in individual cottages set in the beautiful grounds and offers a homely atmosphere, good food and a relaxing stay.The grounds and lake provide a peaceful environment which abounds with wildlife -notably over 300 bird species making it an ideal stay for all bird lovers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Elsamere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elsamere Field Study Centre Hotel Naivasha
- Elsamere Naivasha, Kenya - Rift Valley